Problem with 1P on iPhone 5

Options
Stephen_C
Stephen_C
Community Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: Bug Report.

Comments

• ehickok
    ehickok
    Community Member
    Options

1Password dropped off iPhone 5, still usable on iPad and MacBook Pro. updated all apps, synced iPhone, restarted, still no joy. This is my first time in the forum - am I in the right place to get help with this issue?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@ehickok I have moved your post to the 1P for iOS forum as you'll get more help here.

Please explain exactly what you mean when you say:

1Password dropped off iPhone 5,

Do you mean you can't open the app, or the app is no longer present on the phone, or the app is on the phone but the phone no longer syncs?

Stephen

• ehickok
    ehickok
    Community Member
    Options

Two days ago the 1Password icon disappeared on my iPhone 5. I've rebooted, resynched with the computer. It is still available on computer and pad, but not phone. Where did it go?

• ehickok
    ehickok
    Community Member
    Options

I dont' know as the icon, to determine the problem is no longer available, so I can't determine what it might be. I can't get there from here...

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Well, in that case I'd suggest re-downloading 1P for iOS and see what happens. If you actually deleted the original from your phone there won't be any 1P data on the phone but you should be able to set it up to sync from your Mac.

Stephen

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@ehickok please don't start separate threads on essentially the same matter. It simply makes support more difficult and also makes it less easy for you to find the answer you need. I've merged your new post into the existing thread (where I'd already answered your latest question).

Stephen

• Hi @ehickok,

Apps aren't allowed to delete themselves from your phone (not even a software bug in the app could do it), so it would have to have been moved or deleted. Do you allow anyone else to use your phone? Or, if you sync with iTunes, did you accidentally uncheck it in the Apps section in the phone?

To determine if it has been moved, pull down the home screen and search for it using the search feature. If the app appears in the search result, then it is still there somewhere on your phone. You may have moved it into a folder or another screen.

This discussion has been closed.