Unable to synch iphone 6 with mac for data

Options
RollinStrode
RollinStrode
Community Member

I have not been able to synch my iPhone 6 with my macbook through either iCloud or wifi/suggestions

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Please tell us what versions of 1P you are using on both your MacBook and your iPhone. We need exact version details so:

1. On the MacBook go to 1P >About 1Password and tell us exactly what it says there.
    2. On the iPhone go to the 1P Settings screen and look towards the bottom for the version number.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RollinStrode ,

As Stephen_C says, we'll need more detail here in order to help you out. In addition to your version numbers, it would be helpful to know exactly where things are getting tangled up: are you seeing an error message? The more specific you can be, the more quickly we'll be able to track this down. :)

• jefflari
    jefflari
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot sync my iPhone 6 plus with the data on my MAC. It does not give me any error. Just do not update the password on my iphone. On the mac it says: 1Password 5
    Version 5.1 (510035)
    Agile Web Store

On iphone it says: Version 5.2

I am synching with Wifi

Can someone help me?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@jefflari please try this:

1. disable wifi sync on your phone and Mac then re-enable it; and/or
    2. reboot both devices.

Those will often resolve wifi sync problems. If you still have a problem please post again because there are other things you can check. (I'm assuming in any event both devices are on the same wifi network.)

Stephen

• RollinStrode
    RollinStrode
    Community Member
    Options

From Rollin Strode
    On mac
    1Password 5
    Version 5.1 (510035)
    Agile Web Store
    on iPhone - version 5.2
    Both devices are on the same network
    I rebooted both the mac and iPhone - opened the app on the mac -went to 1P5 tool bar and selected window and wifi - it came up with a code (aub an awf et ja)
    I then opened the app on iPhone selected wifi from the settings menu - during the initial set up I entered the code from he mac app into the iPhone - since that initial set up it goes immediately to a refresh bar but when I tap on the refresh bar nothing happens.
    I also checked for updates and it indicated that I am up to date.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Two more things you can try (sorry not to reply more helpfully earlier to your PMs):

1. Check your computer name on the Mac to ensure Yosemite has not added anything odd to it like a "(2)". (Go to OS X System Preferences > Sharing to find your computer name.)
    2. Try to sync using an ad hoc wifi network and see if that works.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RollinStrode,

If you can see the Wi-Fi Sync secret then that means the Wi-Fi server is enabled on your Mac. Given that and that you say your Mac isn't appear in your list then it does suggest either a Bonjour or router issue as the most likely cause.

@Stephen_C has already mentioned checking the Bonjour names. It is probably worth checking not just your Mac but also your iOS device.

iOS: In iOS Settings > General > About make sure the Name of your iOS device doesn't look odd at all e.g. no (2) at the end or anything like that, edit if needed. If it looks normal go ahead and reboot your iOS device.

Mac: In System Preferences > Sharing do the same as above, make sure your Computer Name is normal looking and doesn't have anything like (2) at the end, edit if needed. If it looks fine go ahead and reboot your Mac.

I would also like to say we've had a report that accented characters may cause troubles too and stop a device being visible. We're investigating but for now I would recommend sticking to plain ASCII characters.

If Stephen_C's ad hoc suggestion works try rebooting your router as that is a potential culprit at that point.

Let us know how you get along.

This discussion has been closed.