Licence not valid on Android

IamBernd
IamBernd
Community Member

Hi All,

I've recently bought the 1password Licence with the parallels packet. I just tried to install it on my android but it won't let me have premium features.

Isn't the Android license included?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @IamBernd,

Our licences are per platform so the Parallels bundle will have been for the Mac version of 1Password only. That way you only pay for the platforms you use rather than a licence covering development and support for platforms you'll never use. I hope that helps but if you have any follow up questions do please ask.

• IamBernd
    IamBernd
    Community Member

ah .. so i can install on 4 macs but no other platform? ... ok ... good to know :) thx

• Hi @IamBernd! You can indeed register all of your Macs with your license. :)

With regards to Android, the Premium features are available through an in-app purchase is handled directly through the Play Store, and linked to your Google account.

Please let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks!

• timjamesmb1
    timjamesmb1
    Community Member

i wonder if anyone can tell me why my galaxy tab 4 doesn't recognize that i've purchased 1password for windows. i have downloaded 1password from the play store twice, once as a new user, and once that i've used 1password before. my tablet syas i have a 30 day trial?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@timjamesmb1 I have moved your question to the Android forum.

• Thanks for getting in touch with us and for supporting 1Password, @timjamesmb1! I've merged your discussion with another thread on the same topic.

To answer your question, 1Password is licensed per platform and per person. We charge per platform so that we can support the development costs of each platform, as well as allow customers to be able to purchase only the licenses they need.

1Password 4 for Windows is sold through our webstore, and licensed with a key. 1Password 4 for Android's Premium features are sold via an in-app purchase and handled through Google Play. The Premium features are linked to the Google account they were purchased with, rather than a license key. Unfortunately, the licenses are not interchangeable across platforms. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I hope I was able to clarify things for you! Please let me know if you have further questions.

This discussion has been closed.