Storing logins with three input elements required to login

Options
brentc
brentc
Community Member

How do I store a login with three layers?
User name
Account ID
password
It seems like only two levels are available

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It's easy if you use 1P on a Mac because then you can re-create and save a login manually and sync the result to the iOS device. I don't believe you can currently do that procedure in 1P on an iOS device.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hi @brentc,

@Stephen_C is quite correct, as we currently don't have an ability to save the login from the actual page like we do on the Mac we can't create a Login item like you need. Now Extensions are new to iOS as of iOS 8 and so extensions are new to us too. We certainly hope to expand on what it can do and hopefully at some point in the future to allow the user to save a new Login item from within Safari. At that point I would believe 1Password for iOS will be able to do as you're asking. At the moment though it's only feasible if you also use 1Password for Mac and sync the two. Then you could create the Login item on the Mac and it would hopefully work on your iOS device.

• brentc
    brentc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks to you both for your comments and suggestions. I will try from my Mac and see if it will sync to my IPhone. My iPhone syncs through the cloud...not sure if my Mac version does. Seems like the product gets more complicated to use as new releases are issued. Thanks again.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brentc,

If you purchased 1Password for Mac from Apple's Mac App Store (MAS) then yes, it can sync through iCloud.

If you purchased 1Password for Mac from us (Agile Web Store (AWS)) then unfortunately due to Apple now enforcing certain restrictions you will be unable to sync using iCloud. If you purchased 1Password for Mac from us in the last 30 days then you can request a refund and repurchase from the MAS store if you wanted to.

1Password for Mac (AWS) used to sync to iCloud but when Apple released the new iCloud Drive along with iOS 8 and Yosemite they restricted access to the iCloud related frameworks to applications obtained through their stores. For more on this particular change I would direct you towards Dave Teare's announcement, iCloud Changes in the Website Version of 1Password 5

This discussion has been closed.