Wifi sync not working

Options
jsherman
jsherman
Community Member

Running MacOS 10.9.5 w/1Password 4.4.3, iOS 8.1.2 w/1Password 5.2 and trying to do a WiFi Sync. From iOS, I see the MacOS system, the secret is correct, but when I select Sync, it just says "Sync started" but then does nothing and just sits there. I wait for 10 minutes and nothing happens. Now what?

Comments

• sharkgirl
    sharkgirl
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem. However, WiFi Sync works just dandy between Mac and iPad but the sync won't complete between Mac and iPhone. Everything is set up correctly. I've tried rebooting both devices. I've tried generating a new secret but had the same results- iPad syncs, iPhone won't. Help!

• Hi guys,

@jsherman,

but when I select Sync, it just says "Sync started" but then does nothing and just sits there. I wait for 10 minutes and nothing happens. Now what?

If you restart 1Password on the iOS device, did it show any data from your Mac or still nothing shows up?

@sharkgirl,

Same problem.

It just sits at Sync started but nothing happens afterward?

Can you tell me the version of 1Password you have installed on your iOS device and your Mac?

• jsherman
    jsherman
    Community Member
    Options

I gave up and deleted my iPad 1Password app, reinstalled, and resync'd and now it works. I hope I hadn't updated any passwords on my iPad that I lost.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I hope so too @jsherman. Obviously we're glad to hear it is now syncing again despite all the hassles you had. Fingers crossed it runs smoothly from now on.

• jsherman
    jsherman
    Community Member
    Options

I'm running latest versions all around (5.1 on Yosemite, 5.2 on iOS 8.1.3).

It failed when I tried again today so I played around a bit more and tried disabling my (standard MacOS) firewall and that resolved my sync issue.

What would I need to tune on my firewall to make this work without completely disabling it?

Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jsherman,

If you look in the firewall options how do you have yours configured?

In mine I have the first option, Block all incoming connections ** disabled/unchecked and in the list of applications that the OS X firewall is aware of I have **1Password mini set to Allow incoming connections opposed to being blocked.

That should be all you need to do. If yours is identical to this then I'm a little puzzled but we will continue working with you.

This discussion has been closed.