Using auto fill crashes program

Options
nanabbs1
nanabbs1
Community Member

recently on multiple merchant sites if I try to use auto fill to complete address or credit card info one password program will instantly close and i will have to reenter PIN to restart (and will have closed out of website I was in. Am I the only one? Help. Thanks
IOS 8.1.2
OP 5.1.2

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Can I just check, please, whether you're using the built-in 1Password browser when this happens, or whether you're using Safari with the 1P extension enabled?

It would also be helpful to have a URL for one of the sites which always causes the crash.

Stephen

• nanabbs1
    nanabbs1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Stephen, I search for and connect to these sites from within 1 Password (did not know I could do it any other way but would love to know how to do from within Safari). An example would be the Barns and Noble site www.barnesandnoble.com. Which consistently crashed 1 Password when I tried to use auto fill to fill either ID or credit card fields.

Marshall

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sorry that I don't have an explanation why that site is crashing the 1P browser for you but if you want to try with 1P through Safari this knowledge base article will help you set up the 1P extension in Safari.

Try that and see if you have any better luck with the site. Whatever happens, please post again and let us know.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nanabbs1‌

I don't have an answer for you I'm afraid but we'd appreciate it if you could do the following to help track down the source of this.

Can you go through the steps that result in 1Password crashing and then do the following:

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us at support+forum@agilebits.com and it would be helpful if you could include the site in question and the steps leading up to the crash please.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once you've sent the Report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• amaze57
    amaze57
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same crashing problem on virtually all sites. I am using an iPad min with the latest iOS and latest 1 password

Very troubling

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hi @amaze57,

I'm sorry you're also experiencing a crash when trying to fill credit card or identity info in a website in 1Browser! Our developers are aware of this issue and are currently working to fix it, although I don't know exactly when an update with the fix will be available. I apologize for the inconvenience! I will add your comments to the ticket for this bug. If you have more questions about that, please let us know.

ref: OPI-2059
    ref: OPI-2146
    ref: OPI-2205

This discussion has been closed.