Problems on iMac & i phone

Options
alfiedunlop1
alfiedunlop1
Community Member

have downloaded i password on my mac & entered lots of data - I have the logo now on my i pad & i phone but cannot log in with password

Comments

• alfiedunlop1
    alfiedunlop1
    Community Member
    Options

I have downloaded i password on my mac & entered lots of data & can access it on my mac - however although I have the logo now on my i pad & i phone but cannot log in with password on either of these devices

• Hi @alfiedunlop1,

Please make sure you've downloaded an app called 1Password on your iOS devices, there are a lot of copycats, so it should be 1Password by AgileBits that you want to use.

In addition, can you tell me how are you syncing your 1Password data between your Mac and iOS devices?

It would also help if you can provide the following information for us:

1. 1Password for Mac version as well as your OS X version
    2. 1Password for iOS version as well as your iOS version

Thanks!

• alfiedunlop1
    alfiedunlop1
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not very tech so I hope I can answer these questions but its Version 10.10.2 on my Mac & Version 8.1.3 & Version on i pad is 8.1.3
    I only purchased the 1password on 17th february so I think it is the 5.1 version
    I assume the 1password would automatically sync with my other devices as a 1password logo has appeared on them
    Many thanks

• alfiedunlop1
    alfiedunlop1
    Community Member
    Options

Me again... Btw I purchased the 1password from the App store on my Mac

• Hi @alfiedunlop1,

You will need to enable sync in 1Password's preferences. We offer several sync options, but iCloud is probably the easiest.

First, please follow this guide to enable iCloud sync on your Mac:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac/5/en/topic/sync-icloud

Then you can open 1Password for iOS and access your data from iCloud there:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/5/en/topic/existing-user

Please let us know if that helps!

• alfiedunlop1
    alfiedunlop1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again
    I have checked & i cloud is already enabled on my mac also on phone & i pad - when I went into 1password preferences I can see 6 backups & one just a few minutes ago - however when I tap the password icon on my phone or iPad it says please enter password & it when i enter it it comes up with a blank box with Logins Wallets accounts others & settings along the bottom - what do I do now to access my 1password information?
    Do I go into settings & put my master password in the folder box or in the field password box or both I will really appreciate the help
    thanks

• alfiedunlop1
    alfiedunlop1
    Community Member
    Options

Me again - Im pulling my hair out - there does not seem to be a “Documents & Data” option in i cloud to tick. I know this is the option that lets applications like 1Password sync their data with iCloud.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alfiedunlop1,

I'm sorry this has been a frustrating process! There are a couple things I noticed which I think might be causing some confusion for you:

when I went into 1password preferences I can see 6 backups & one just a few minutes ago

The Backup preferences in 1Password for Mac have nothing to do with the Sync preferences (you'll notice "Sync" and "Backup" are on different tabs of Preferences). In order to set up iCloud sync, you'll need to do so from the Sync tab. Please make sure you follow the steps from the link Jasper included in his message (i.e. this one).

when I tap the password icon on my phone or iPad it says please enter password & it when i enter it it comes up with a blank box with Logins Wallets accounts others & settings along the bottom

From your description, it sounds like you have 1Password 3 for iOS, which is an old version that was removed from sale on the iOS App Store back in December 2012, when we released 1Password 4 for iOS. In case it helps, you can take a look at this image to help quickly identify which version of 1Password you have on your devices.

To use iCloud sync, you'll need to get our latest version for your iPhone and iPad, which is 1Password 5 for iOS. It is a free download, and offers free basic features (Pro Features can optionally be unlocked with an in-app purchase). If you haven't already done so, you'll need to download 1Password 5 from the App Store on each iOS device. If you already have iCloud sync set up in 1Password 5 for Mac, then you can sync that data to the iOS app by following the steps in this link that Jasper gave you.

Does that help at all? Please let us know how it goes, and if you have any questions about the steps from those links. Thanks!

• alfiedunlop1
    alfiedunlop1
    Community Member
    Options

I can clearly see the different Sync & Back up tabs & I have carefully followed the steps Jasper included in his message - I have downloaded the latest version of 1password for my i phone & it says 'syncing' for over an hour now Wondering is there a problem??

• alfiedunlop1
    alfiedunlop1
    Community Member
    Options

Sadly i phone was still syncing this morning after trying to sync last night - any ideas?

• alfiedunlop1
    alfiedunlop1
    Community Member
    Options

i pad synced really quickly however the attachments don't appear to be present but the i phone I don't understand!

• alfiedunlop1
    alfiedunlop1
    Community Member
    Options

Me again - I think it was 1Password 3 for iOS that I was previously trying to access When I go to delete it it says that it will delete all of its data - will my info on mac be ok Sorry aboutALL the questions but I do hope you can help

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alfiedunlop1,

When you see that iOS warning it is regarding the data purely on the iOS device. What you're being warned about is unlike Macs, iOS apps have a very specific place they have to store all their data and that data is removed if you delete the app. It won't touch sync data held elsewhere and it can't harm your Macs at all. On top of that 1Password 4 and 5 both store their vaults locally and can cope with sync data disappearing (although they would prefer if it didn't happen). So deleting 1Password 3 for iOS from your iOS device can't harm them.

I hope that reassures.

As for attachments on your iPad. Are you using the basic (free) version of 1Password 5 for iOS or have you purchased the pro features via the in-app purchase? I ask as view attachments is a pro feature of which you can learn more at Pro Features FAQ. Would that explain what you're seeing at all? I see you say you purchased it but downloading the free version is possible without making the in-app purchase so I just wish to verify.

• alfiedunlop1
    alfiedunlop1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the advise re deleting 1Password 3!
    But to the main problem.... I firstly bought 1Password from the Mac App store costing £39.99 on my mac then as per Drews recommendation (see earlier post) in order to use iCloud sync, I downloaded 1Password 5 from the App store for both my i phone & i pad. They were free downloads (Pro Features I can worry about later as I have the attachments on my mac for now) & this allowed me to sync data on my i pad but when I select sync on my phone it just continuously has a wheel turning & NEVER actually syncs or stops saying "syncing" PLEASE can anyone help me get this sorted?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alfiedunlop1,

Sorry, I misunderstood and for some reason got it into my head that the syncing issue was related to the 1Password 3 post and that is was working now.

If you've set up both devices in the exact same way and the iPhone is still not synced here is what I would recommend. Disable iCloud sync on your iPhone for the moment. Leave it overnight and then in the morning reboot your iPhone and try again. It's just a hunch but I do know that if you make too many iCloud requests it starts to rate limit the connection and there is a bug where we're not reacting to this quite right.

Now if you set up iCloud syncing and it still doesn't work I'd like you to do the following for us please.

In 1Password go to Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Log Settings and I would like you to enable Cloud Keychain (1P4), Replicator, & Sync. I would then like you to disable and then re-enable iCloud Sync once more, leave it a little while so anything happening is logged and then follow this guide.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+ forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once you've sent the Report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.