1PW password help on add-onn

Options
hellemberger
hellemberger
Community Member

Hi, I'm having to configure a new macbook air. I established the add-on on Firefox, but when I go to log on, it won't recognize my PW. I have the application on this computer and can log on without problem. It's just the add-on. Please help. Thanks

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @hellemberger,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. To clarify: you have both the main 1Password application and the Firefox extension installed on your Mac, and can login to the main application with your Master Password, but are unable to login to the Firefox extension with your Master Password?

If we're on the same page... Please let me know:

1) Which version of 1Password for Mac you have installed
    2) Which version of Firefox you have installed
    3) Which version of the 1Password extension you have installed in Firefox
    4) What message you get when trying to unlock the extension

Thanks!

Ben

• hre814
    hre814
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben for the reply! Here is the info:

1) 1PW 5.1
    2) FireFox 35.0.1
    3) 1PW extension, 3.9.20
    4) I had been getting the standard red button "incorrect" or whatever it shows. I deleted the extension, and reinstalled it. Now I get it counting, and counting, and counting

I appreciate any help. Rather a newbie at this.

• hre814
    hre814
    Community Member
    Options

Alright Ben, I solved it. It was the version of the extension that was off. Somehow, twice today, I installed an older version from the 1PW site, but this time I installed it from the 1PW application on my laptop. Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hre814 ,

I'm so glad to hear that you're all sorted out. You're right, you don't want to be using the 1Password 3 extension with 1Password 5. If you haven't already done so, please make sure that you do Uninstall 1Password 3 browser extensions so they don't get in your way.

I hope that 1Password works perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any further questions, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.