Able to Sync with iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.2 with all Macs Running anything but 10.10.2

Options
NeroWolfe
NeroWolfe
Community Member

I have read previous discussions and names of both devices are simple one word names, no firewalls, and even tried with ad hoc wifi connection. The iPhone can see the Mac but when I check sync, it looks like it is starting to sync, but it stalls. Nothing happens. I have to cancel the sync as the sync process never stops even though no sync is finished even after waiting for 2-3 minutes, compared to the 1-2 seconds on any Macs running 10.9 or below. Even upgraded to the beta release today on my Mac... no help. Even turned off sync, then turned back on, rebooted devices, no help.

Running on Mac 1Password 5 Version 5.3.BETA-13 (530013) Agile Beta

iOS Version 5.1.2 on iPhone 6 System 8.1.2

Comments

• NeroWolfe
    NeroWolfe
    Community Member
    Options

Also, why does 1Password have both the "Sync" and "Wifi-Server" in the preferences? I assume that when syncing, the WIFI-Server window should be open to sync. When I chose "Wifi-sync" in the "window" drop-down menu, the Wifi-Server panel window opens, not the Sync panel window. Nonetheless, the phone does not sync no matter which window is open. Also, is the secret code on the Mac editable?

• NeroWolfe
    NeroWolfe
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Since posting this, I was able to sync my iPad with the Mac running 10.10.2... so it appears to be a problem with the iPhone 6, and not system 10.10.2. the iPad is running same version of 1Password as in iPhone. iPad system is 8.1.3. So I will update iPhone 6 to 8.1.3 from 8.1.2 and see if this helps.

After upgrade, sync started, the program stated receiving 3/3, and then it stalls again. It cancelled itself after about 2 minutes. I closed program, re-opened, re-attempted wifi sync, and it stalls, nothing happens. Have to cancel out. The new items do get sent from my Mac to the iphone, but the process never completes. I have to cancel out to close the program. If I don't cancel, it stays in sync mode forever.

• Hi @NeroWolfe,

Something definitely sounds wrong from our side there. I'd love to get a Diagnostics Report from both the Mac and the iOS device that's giving you trouble. You can do this by following the instructions on this page. Email the Diagnostics Reports to support+forums@agilebits.com, and include a link to this thread so that we can connect the dots. You should get an email back with a ticket ID. Feel free to post that ticket id into this thread as well so that we can jump back and forth easily (obviously our forum and email system need some better integration).

The Diagnostics Reports should give us a reasonably good idea of what's going on. It'll at least get us to the point of knowing what next questions to ask to diagnose this problem.

Looking forward to seeing those.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.