Menu Bar Glitch on Yosemite

Options
elliottschwartz
elliottschwartz
Community Member

There are always two icons in my menu bar. One of them does nothing when clicked. (Well, it turns blue. But nothing pops up.) The other works as expected. Help?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @elliottschwartz,

Do you happen to have two copies of 1Password at all? You would be looking for 1Password.app or 1Password 4.app or 1Password 5.app. I would check your desktop, Applications folder and Downloads folder. If you find multiple copies you will want to move the duplicates to your Trash and keep just the one copy in /Applications/ Follow this up with a reboot and it should resolve itself.

Let us know how you get along.

• elliottschwartz
    elliottschwartz
    Community Member
    Options

Nope I've only got one copy.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @elliottschwartz ,

At any point have you switched between the webstore version and the Mac App store version of 1Password? Whenever you delete a copy of the 1Password app, you must make sure that both the main app and the mini are quit ( using ⌘⌃Q ( Command-Control-Q )) or the mini can hang around after the app is deleted. Let's take a closer look at your system to see where things are getting tangled up:

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down the Report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• elliottschwartz
    elliottschwartz
    Community Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure I've only used the App Store version of 1Password. I just emailed a diagnostic report. Here's my support ID: [#CGH-92869-756]

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @elliottschwartz,

We received your email with the report; thanks for sending that in. It doesn't appear that you've restarted your Mac before generating the diagnostics. Can you please give that a try and let us know if that resolves the problem? Thanks!

ref: CGH-92869-756

• elliottschwartz
    elliottschwartz
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

I just restarted and the problem is still there. Also, I saw this as soon as I logged in:

Edited to remove image

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @elliottschwartz,

Thanks for the additional information! We've updated the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you via email as soon as possible with more information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@elliottschwartz, I just wanted to mention that I removed your screenshot since it contained your email address, and I wasn't sure you wanted to have that posted publicly.

This discussion has been closed.