Not auto populating login information using iOS safari extension

Options
mattlk
mattlk
Community Member
edited February 2015 in iOS

Hi.

I'm having issues with 1Password not auto populating login information when using the safari extension. I'm using iOS 8.1.3 and 1Password 5.2. When I click the share icon and then select 1Password I can see the site I need. However when I select it, I am returned to the website and the login information has not been entered. I've confirmed this on multiple websites such as Twitter and Facebook. I've also tried adding the mobile websites to 1Password with no luck. I can get the extension to work with LastPass no problems but want to use 1Password.

I've tried uninstalling 1Password and reinstalling but with no success.

Any suggestions/solutions are most welcome.

Thanks!

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mattlk,

That's very strange, my Twitter and Facebook logins are filling correctly on my own iPhone when I use the 1Password extension in Safari. Do you see the login fields on the screen in Safari when you use the 1Password extension? For example, when I open Twitter in Safari, it takes me to the mobile site (https://mobile.twitter.com) which is a "welcome" page, and I have to first tap the Log in button to see the login form, and then I can use the 1Password extension (if I try to use 1Password from the "welcome" page, nothing happens because there are no fields to fill).

Starting in version 5.2, 1Password 5 for iOS has a new Login creator, so one thing you can try is to use that to create new Login items for Twitter and Facebook, to see if it makes any difference. From the 1Password app, go to the Categories section, tap the '+' button at the top, and choose Login. For the Twitter and Facebook logins, you'll need to enter your username and password, but the URLs will be automatically included. When you try those new Logins in Safari, does it make any difference?

This discussion has been closed.