I just downloaded version 5 and 3.8.2 is still on my Mac. Shoudl I get rid of it?

Options
sfewing1
sfewing1
Community Member

I also am wondering which system is best for the syncing? previous versions were on DropBox.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

If you have all of your data safely imported into 1Password 5, you can drag version 3 from your application folder to the trash. Do not use an application cleaner of any kind, though. Those often find your data and erase them too. You really don't want that.

I don't think you have to get rid of one or the other though. But version 5 has a bunch of improvements over version 3, so I don't know why you would ever want to return to it.

If version 5 does not yet have your data safely stored away, post back here, and tell us what you've done so far with version 5.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sfewing1,

It looks like hawkmoth has given you a great answer about what to do with the 1Password 3 app! Just make sure your data shows up in version 5 before deleting version 3.

To answer your question about which sync option to use, it's really a matter of personal preference, and which sync method works best for you. If you've already been syncing with Dropbox, the easiest option is to continue syncing with Dropbox. If you're interested in using another sync option, you can find some information about your options here: Syncing your 1Password data

If you have any questions about that, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.