Wi-Fi sync missing, vaults wont's sync via Dropbox

Options
donbanas
donbanas
Community Member

I purchased 1Password through iTunes. I have Password Pro on my iPhone 6. The iCloud sync works, but I cannot sync my other two vaults through Dropbox. Additionally, I no longer have the option to sync via Wi-Fi on my iPhone, only the primary vault had that option. The other two only have the Dropbox option. I used to have the Wi-Fi option for all three vaults before I purchased 1Password for my Mac.

Comments

• donbanas
    donbanas
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased 1Password through iTunes. I have Password Pro on my iPhone 6. The iCloud sync works, but I cannot sync my other two vaults through Dropbox. Additionally, I no longer have the option to sync via Wi-Fi on my iPhone, only the primary vault had that option. The other two only have the Dropbox option. I used to have the Wi-Fi option for all three vaults before I purchased 1Password for my Mac.

• donbanas
    donbanas
    Community Member
    Options

I turned off all syncing, and 1Password Pro on my iPhone 6 keeps syncing. I've lost Wi-Fi sync options in all but the primary vault. It says it syncs with Dropbox, but nothing changes, Dropbox file does not change, so my Mac and iPhone do not sync. Only iCloud sync on primary vault is working correctly.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hi @donbanas,

The WiFi sync for multiple vaults is actually set up on the Mac side, not the iOS side. If you'd like to sync multiple vaults via WiFi please see these guides:

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

P.S. Please do not create multiple discussions on the same topic. I've merged them all into this one: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/36894/wi-fi-sync-missing-vaults-wonts-sync-via-dropbox#latest

Thanks!

• donbanas
    donbanas
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I was able to get iCloud sync on my primary vault and Dropbox on the other two vaults to work. When I tried Wi-Fi for the other vaults, it turns off iCloud sync on the primary vault and makes it Wi-Fi too. I had to delete the previous vaults in Dropbox and create new ones after downloading from iTunes. I believe I have everything working properly now. Thanks for your assistance.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update!

• donbanas
    donbanas
    Community Member
    Options

Still a sync issue, my iCloud syncs, but the two vaults say they are syncing via Dropbox, but the information on the Mac is not updating. I go to preferences/sync and it shows it synced, but the info is still not updating. The iCloud sync on the primary vault works great, but the other vaults via Dropbox are not updating on the Mac. What am I missing?

• donbanas
    donbanas
    Community Member
    Options

iCloud sync works until I add multiple vaults with Dropbox, then the iCloud sync just continues without stopping.

• donbanas
    donbanas
    Community Member
    Options

Sync keeps going, even when disabled. I never had problems until I purchased 1password from iTunes store. Used web based with IOS purchase without issue. Now sync is all messed up, only works if there are no other vaults. Then the primary vault syncs without issue. Once I had another vault through Dropbox, the Primary Vault goes in an endless sync loop.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @donbanas,

I am super sorry for your sync problems. We recently found a bug that silently stops syncing all secondary vaults that were previously synced via wifi. This sounds exactly like what you are describing. We are working on a fix.

In the meantime let's try to find a workaround for you. Did you make any changes to the secondary vaults on your iPhone? If not I'd suggest to remove these vaults and re-add them via Dropbox sync.

• donbanas
    donbanas
    Community Member
    Options

That didn't work. When I added the vault via Dropbox (having added first on the Mac), the Primary Vault goes into a never ending sync. The second vault shows it's syncing, but the Mac shows it's been days since the last sync. I have to remove the second vault, uninstall 1Password to get the Primary to stop syncing, and re-install 1Password on my iPhone. I never had an issue until I purchased 1Password via iTunes.

• donbanas
    donbanas
    Community Member
    Options

I even tried to disable sync on the Primary, it just keeps trying to sync. I have to uninstall 1Password to get it to stop.

• donbanas
    donbanas
    Community Member
    Options

So, to be clear, the secondary vaults seem to sync, but the Primary goes into a never ending sync. Even with sync disabled, the wheel keeps spinning, and it indicates the Primary is syncing. As soon as I reinstall and only sync the Primary, everything is perfect. When I add the second vault, the Primary sync doesn't stop.

• Hi @donbanas ,

We are very sorry for this issue. A fix is coming very soon. FYI, if you want to reset 1Password, you can choose Erase Data and Settings in Settings > Advanced and that will "reset" 1Password without needing to delete it and download it again.

This discussion has been closed.