Multiple vaults synced to one folder on Dropbox?

Options
joelarios
joelarios
Community Member

Is this possible? I just want to ask before I select my main Dropbox folder to sync a secondary vault to. I don't want to overwrite what exists already for my primary vault. (I'm assuming they would merge).

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @joelarios,

Yes, that's definitely possible, and is the default behavior when syncing multiple vaults with Dropbox. If you're already syncing your Primary vault with Dropbox, the corresponding keychain file in Dropbox is most likely named 1Password.agilekeychain, which is probably (although not necessarily) in a folder within Dropbox called 1Password. When you enable Dropbox sync for your secondary vault and select your main Dropbox folder, it will create another keychain file in that same location, and the name of the secondary vault will be in the keychain name (for example, if the secondary vault is called "test" the new keychain will be "test.agilekeychain").

You'll see a message about that before you start syncing, so you can confirm the location & name of the new keychain. At that point, you should also see a Create New button which you need to click to start syncing. That means it will be creating a new keychain file instead of merging with an existing one.

I hope this helps, but let us know if you have more questions about that! :)

• joelarios
    joelarios
    Community Member
    Options

Great. Thank you! Very helpful.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! We're here for you if you have more questions.

This discussion has been closed.