4.2b11 Lollipop: keyboard disappears

Options
kamilbrk
kamilbrk
Community Member

Hi,

Nexus 5, Lollipop 5.0.1 (stock & Cataclysm ROM, rooted & non rooted, stock & custom kernel), SwiftKey & Google Keyboard.

Since 4.2b7, so since the first version with your custom keyboard, filling does not work.

At first there were some force closes, where I was able to send reports.
Now on the other hand, the keyboard just completely disappears once I tap on 1Password button next to space bar.

I tried to:

• clear data
  • reinstall the app
  • with accessibility service enabled
  • with accessibility service disabled
  • in apps (like Twitter)
  • in Chrome browser
  • on pages where it should detect the login
  • on some new pages without any saved logins
  • with a fresh boot
  • with unlocked vault before launching Chrome
  • with locked vault before launching Chrome
  • with PIN instead of password
  • ...pretty much every single scenario I could imagine.

Basically, in Chrome, I tap on login field, SwiftKey appears. I tap on keyboard switcher on navbar (Lollipop), choose 1Password keyboard, the keyboard appears with/without 1Password button highlighted in blue (per guide, depending on situation).

Now, when I press the blue button, keyboard slides down (disappears) and since then it's completely dead. I have to switch to SwiftKey and 1P keyboard again to do the same thing all over again. The loop is the same with gray 1Password button (no login detected), but I have to long press it instead.

If the vault was not unlocked beforehand, I am asked for password/PIN which works, and then it slides down and dies as previously.

Key thing here is that it does not work on latest 5 betas at all and I cannot send any crash reports. I can, however, send you some logcats if that helps.

Kind regards,
Kamil

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hey Kamil. Thank you so much for taking the time to report this issue. Because custom ROMS usually alter the core behaviour of the Android operating system, it's very difficult for 1Password to remain consistent among these devices. We have not yet seen this issue on a device with stock OS, but I will pass on your findings in Cataclysm ROM to our developers. I would also suggest reporting this issue to the Cataclysm ROM team as it's possible the issue is on the OS level. Thanks! :)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

@saad
    Maybe I read @kamilbrk's post wrong but he seems to indicate having this problem on the stock ROM with stock kernel and stock keyboard:

Nexus 5, Lollipop 5.0.1 (stock & Cataclysm ROM, rooted & non rooted, stock & custom kernel), SwiftKey & Google Keyboard.

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the clarification, @RichardPayne.

Can you confirm that you tested this on both the stock ROM and custom ROM separately, @kamilbrk?

This discussion has been closed.