Feature Request: Download attachments in 1PasswordAnywhere

Options
MStyle
MStyle
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Lounge

Currently there doesn't seem to be a way to download files attached to 1Password items via the web interface. The ability to access important files while away from computer and phone would be invaluable in travel, emergency and many other situations. Any chance of that being implemented in the near future?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not sure of the feasibility of this since each attachment is stored as a separate file, but I'll certainly pass your vote along for this. Thank you for letting us know this would be useful to you. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• dpearce04
    dpearce04
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I'd like to 2nd a request for this feature. I just spent 30 minutes trying to figure out if it was possible. When traveling abroad, I like to have scanned files of my ID/Passport in case of emergency. Having the number & info is great, but a scanned image is better. Emergency assumes wallet / phone / computer lost or damaged, so accessing them from the web is very important. I can put them in dropbox as-is, but would prefer the security encryption of 1Password.

Even if they aren't attached to the item in 1PasswordAnywhere, but just a section to download "files" would be awesome.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure of the feasibility of this since each attachment is stored as a separate file, but I'll certainly pass your vote along for this.

I'm not sure why not. Most of the item data is stored in a separate, encrypted file (*.1password) too.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback. :) I think the bigger technical concern would be if the files can be decrypted in JavaScript, which would have to happen in order for the download to do you any good. I'll certainly make sure our developers are aware of the suggestion.

This discussion has been closed.