Can I sync my 1 Password 3 via Wifi

I have a MacBook Pro running version 10.6.8 with my 1 Password 3.8.22 account - I have a iPhone 5, and iPad mini, and a Macbook pro version 10.10.2 and would like to sync them. I prefer to use the wifi sync to keep all the transfer within my own computers. I can not find anyway to sync via wifi. Can you please help me with this?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@bkcemp as you've said you're using 1P3 (rather than 1P4 or 1P5) I've moved your post to the 1P3 for Mac forum where you'll get more help.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bkcemp,

We'll need to know what version of 1Password for iOS you're running on the various iOS devices.

Wi-Fi Sync in the various versions works like this.

• 1Password 3 for Mac can Wi-Fi Sync with 1Password 3 for iOS i.e. 1Password for iPhone, for iPad and Pro.
    • 1Password 4/4 for iOS can Wi-Fi Sync with 1Password 4/5 for Mac.

What you can't do I'm afraid is use Wi-Fi Sync between 1Password 3 for Mac and 1Password 4/5 for iOS.

You can use Dropbox though to sync 1Password 3 for Mac with 1Password 4/5 for iOS, that will work and is actually your only option with that combination of versions. So as you see it depends on what version of 1Password for iOS you're running.

This discussion has been closed.