iOS extension doesn't work [moved to email]

Options
Elba
Elba
Community Member
edited February 2015 in iOS

I tap 1Password in the Share menu, hold my finger on the Home button for Touch ID, and my login info appears. I tap it but it doesn't enter the field. I tried tapping in the field first, but that doesn't work, either.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

In what app are you trying to enable 1Password? If you're referring to Safari does this knowledge base article help at all? If not please explain a little more fully exactly what you're trying to do and what the problem is.

Stephen

• Elba
    Elba
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hi

I had already done the steps in the article.

Here's the problem:

On
    Both my iPhone 5S and my iPad Air 2, I go to the 1Password extension through Safari, use Touch ID to unlock 1Password, and then tap the site whose password I need. I am taken back to the Safari page but the password field is blank.

It happens on both devices, which both have the latest iOS software.

• Elba
    Elba
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

When I go back to the 1Password extension, I see an error message: 1Password Extension failed to receive information from the app. I just took a screenshot if that helps. I just don't know how to send it to you.

• Elba
    Elba
    Community Member
    Options

I hope this issue is solvable. I haven't heard back and I haven't been able to find any answers online. I'd like to know if it's solvable or if I should give up and delete the app.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If I make a forum search on "failed to receive" this is the most useful post I can find (in the 1P for iOS Beta forum). It extends into quite a long thread and I'm not sure that it's going to help you.

Sorry I couldn't find anything else. You may just have to be patient (especially over the weekend) and wait for someone more expert from AgileBits to come along and comment.

Stephen

• Elba
    Elba
    Community Member
    Options

Well, thanks for all your help. I don't know how you're expected to know the answers to every single problem.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hi @Elba,

I would be interested to know the following:

1. Is it a specific site or small number of sites that this seems to be happening on or is it all entries?
    2. If you create a new Login item for an existing site does it happen with the new Login too?

If it's a specific site and it is reproducible with a new Login would you be willing to supply the URL in question so we can reproduce it here please.

We'll certainly do our best to assist and if required we'll ask you for a diagnostic report (assuming you don't mind).

• Elba
    Elba
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

This happens at TJ Max and at Bank of America. Chase works. It's the same behavior on both my iPhone and my iPad

• Elba
    Elba
    Community Member
    Options

I deleted the Bank of America site and then re-entered it, but it still doesn't work. I tried this on my iPhone.

• Elba
    Elba
    Community Member
    Options

I sent you the diagnostics.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Elba,

If you sent us a diagnostic report then it wasn't using the same email address as you use here in the forums. You didn't include either your forum username, the title of this thread or the URL. Sadly I can't find the email or tell if somebody has already responded to you. If you could post the ticket ID that will have been in the email we replied with that would help.

Cheers.

• Elba
    Elba
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I re-sent it. I'm not sure what happened the other day.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Elba,

We received your Diagnostics Report, thanks for sending it! I see that someone replied, but your email didn't include a description of the issue or a link to this thread, so they didn't know what you needed help with. I've updated the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue, and someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. Thanks!

ref: UTR-58945-483

• Elba
    Elba
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I opened a discussion a couple of weeks ago. You told me to send my diagnostics and the rest would be handled through email. I've never heard back and the prior discussion has been closed. I don't know any other way to contact you except through the forum.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

For the benefit of anyone else reading this thread this appears to be the closed discussion.

@Elba sorry there's nothing more I can do than link to that thread because I'm merely a volunteer here. I'm sure someone from AgileBits will be along soon to help.

Stephen

• Elba
    Elba
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much. I didn't know you were a volunteer. Thanks for all the help you've given me!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @Elba,

The last activity I show on that ticket was Sean asking for a screenshot on 28 Feb 2015. We're still awaiting your reply to that email.

Thanks.

Ben

P.S. Only folks with orange "team member" tags are AgileBits employees. We have a number of passionate 1Password users who volunteer their time to help out here in these forums.

ref: UTR-58945-483

• Elba
    Elba
    Community Member
    Options

I never got the email. Does it have to have a specific subject line?

• Elba
    Elba
    Community Member
    Options

• Ben
    Options

The subject line is "Re: [#UTR-58945-483] 1Password for iOS Diagnostic Report"

I'll let Sean know you've replied here. Thanks.

• Elba
    Elba
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks

• Ben
    Options

We'll continue via email then. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.