Lost masterpassword

tobysolstice
tobysolstice
Community Member

I have lost my masterpassword and can not access the app. How do I resset or recover my masterpassword

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

@tobysolstice as this forum header indicates this forum is for knowledgebase feedback. Your post has nothing whatsoever to do with that and is in entirely the wrong forum. Please tell us on what platform you are using 1Password and I'll move the thread to the correct forum.

Edit: for the time being I'm moving your post to the Lounge, pending your response.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tobysolstice,

I'm sorry to hear you forgot your master password. For your privacy and security, your master password is known only by you. We cannot reset it for you and you cannot change it without entering the old one. There is also no "back door" to access your data without the master password. If there were, that would be a security hole that criminals could exploit to steal your information.

As Stephen mentioned, if you can let us know which platform you're using (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android) and which version of 1Password, we'll be happy to give you more specific information about how to reset 1Password so you can start over with a new vault. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.