Using with Safari on iPad

Options
lerbi
lerbi
Community Member

Safari is my browser of choice on my iPad - as opposed to 1Browser. As I migrate between sites, sometimes I need a password and sometimes not, but I see no way to access my passwords other than to get out of Safari and open 1Password, copy my user name and password and then paste. I see no key icon (as on my Mac) that will allow me access to my passwords. Is there something that I need to do in order to be able to access my passwords right from (iOS) Safari as opposed to what I'm doing now?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

At present, under iOS 7, Apple doesn't allow the interaction between Safari and third party apps which would allow you to do what you want to do. That will change with iOS 8—and I believe there will then be greater integration between 1P4 for iOS and Safari. (The 1P4 for iOS version for iOS 8 is in restricted beta testing at present.)

In a nutshell, currently Apple is stopping you from doing what you want to do. :)

Stephen

• lerbi
    lerbi
    Community Member
    Options

Stephen-
    Appreciate the information and look forward to iOS8 in (I hope) a couple of months

• On behalf of Stephen, you're welcome.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help! :)

• JHPlotkin
    JHPlotkin
    Community Member
    Options

Hi everyone,

I'm using 1Password on a Windows 7 laptop (works perfectly) and on my iPad. In the 1Password app, I've no problems. When using Safari, I'm able to access 1Password, however, nothing appears in the little window for sites for which I've created logons, etc.

So, what's the issue? Why doesn't anything show up in the 1Password window for Safari?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You need first to go to the website where you want to log in. See generally this knowledge base article and, in particular, the section Use the extension in Safari. (I'm assuming, of course, that the URL of the log in website exactly matches that saved in 1P.)

Stephen

• Hi @JHPlotkin ,

Stephen_C is correct. If you go to a site that doesn't match the URLs stored in any of the 1Password login items, it will not show anything. Note, you can add more than one URL to login items in 1Password. Try adding the URL, and go back to the site and see if it works then.

• JHPlotkin
    JHPlotkin
    Community Member
    Options

Ta da!! You guys were right!!!

Thank you very much! I love 1Password, by the way!!!

Cheers,

JHPlotkin

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @JHPlotkin Glad to hear that worked for you! Also great that you love 1Password. Please give us a shout if we can be of further assistance.

• JHPlotkin
    JHPlotkin
    Community Member
    Options

Will do!

Cheers,

JP

• JHPlotkin
    JHPlotkin
    Community Member
    Options

Done!

That wasn't easy, either! Apple's iTunes Store was down for a while! Not good timing being that they just rolled out an update to iOS.

Anyway, thanks again for the help, gents!

Regards,

Joel

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear it worked out in the end. Yes, I hope to hear more about Apple's outage soon. I've heard very little on the cause or explanation on the duration.

This discussion has been closed.