Suggestion Autofill, Autosubmit

Gautam
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
I'm a disgruntled LastPass user who recently switched over to 1Password, which I am loving.

I'd like to see a Autofill+submit feature for logins, when a user has intentionally entered their master password. It's a feature that could be dangerous but I think it's worth it.

I find that it is not a pressing matter really, because I can use 1Password to set a keystroke to autofill (if there is a one default saved login). In any case, the feature I speak of is not useful for people (like me) who may have several logins for a given website.

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, Gautam, and to 1Password. It sounds like the feature you want is Go & Fill Login. You can read more about it and see it in action on our blog:
    http://www.switchersblog.com/2009/05/1password-screencast-log-in-faster-with-go-fill.html
  • Gautam
    edited December 1969
    Unfortunately, no.

The Go and Submit function requires me to visit 1Password, find the login and ask it to submit - unless I am mistaken. I have played around with it and I don't believe I am.
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    It's not necessary to open 1Password to use Go & Fill Login, Gautam. Invoke it in your browser with cmd-opt-\, a keyboard shortcut that can be customised in 1Password's preferences. You can also access the function from 1Password's browser menu (toolbar button, application menu, contextual menu). Did you watch the screencast? It demonstrates how to use the function in your browser without first launching 1Password.

Hope that helps.
  • bobsagget
    edited December 1969
    I think what is trying to be described is when you visit a webpage using 1Password, the username/password information just appears in their respective places, without having to type, click, or do ANYTHING (dare I say like Safari, Chrome, IE, Roboform)...

Is this feature yet available? If not, this is a crucial feature in my opinion. Please advise,

BML

justG wrote:
    It's not necessary to open 1Password to use Go & Fill Login, Gautam. Invoke it in your browser with cmd-opt-\, a keyboard shortcut that can be customised in 1Password's preferences. You can also access the function from 1Password's browser menu (toolbar button, application menu, contextual menu). Did you watch the screencast? It demonstrates how to use the function in your browser without first launching 1Password.

Hope that helps.
  • macpug
    macpug
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Hi bobsagget, welcome to the forums! What you are describing is what Gita is referring to as well. It is called Go & Fill Login. Once you have set up your login info and password for a site, the next time you go to that site, your login information is automatically submitted and you are logged in (if you have those preferences enabled).

Don McAllister just did a fantastic screencast on 1Password that you guys would likely find quite beneficial. It's about 30 minutes in length, and gives a great overview of 1Password, complete with lots of tips and tricks.

Check it out here: ScreenCastsOnline 1Password
This discussion has been closed.