PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I purchased a bundle license for Mac will it work for Android 1 Pass 5 ???

Lee37
Lee37
Community Member
edited March 2015 in Android

Feeling very confused and jipped off if I can't use that. You guys should offer some sort of upgrade promotion for those using the versions under 5 to port over. I have a mac, android phone and an iPad and want all of them to be on the same program but your business strategy doesn't allow this unless I pay for it all over again. I've already had to buy two different licenses and now I guess another one? Please advise.

See the problem I have is that I have 1Password 3.8.22 for Mac. I can't install 5 cause of the OSX op system is not compatible. I can't update it cause I have an older Mac. However I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 with 5 and iPad running it too. Will my bundle lisc I purchased be allowable to use for the Android and iOS app?

I wish you guys had some phone support. :(

Comments

• MattOKC
    MattOKC
    Community Member

I paid $50 for 1 Password in the App store, partly because it advertises that "every device has every login."
    But when I've installed it on my Android phone--which is pretty essential if you want to live your life--the app is now nagging me for $9.99 more because my "free trial is about to expire."

So what's the deal? "Free trial"?? I already bought the full version!

If it turns out that 1Password sells me a $50 app, then makes it a critical piece of software to do any daily business on my smartphone, then sets the hook for another $10 for the smartphone version of the app I just bought, I'm going to be pretty pissed...1Password has already been a hassle, and is definitely not $60 worth of hassle.

• Hi @MattOKC. Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We charge per platform to keep costs down. If we offered a universal license, we would have to charge a lot more, because we still have to support development costs of each platform. This way, our customers can pay just for the versions that they need. As well, we offer bundles whenever possible, for a reduced cost, such as in the case of OS X + Windows, and we will certainly consider expanding this to other platforms in the future.

With that being said, unfortunately because of how the Play Store is designed, we are not able to bundle the premium features on Android with 1Password on other platforms. The in-app purchase is handled directly through the Play Store and is linked to your Google account. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that 1Password is a hassle. I'll be happy to help work out any problems you're having. :)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

No, the bundle licenses do not include the mobile apps.

• Hey @Lee37. I'm so sorry for the confusion with licensing and 1Password versions. If you have already purchased 1Password for your Mac or Windows PC in the past, you can use the upgrade Store to upgrade to a newer version with a discounted price. Right now, 1Password 5 is only available on Mac and iOS. The latest version of 1Password on Windows and Android is 1Password 4, fully compatible with 1Password 5.

The mobile versions of 1Password (Android and iOS) are available for free to download. You do have an option to buy the in-app purchase but it is not required if you don't find the features beneficial to you. You should still be able to access all of your information. As for licensing for mobile platforms, we are not able to bundle the in-app purchases with 1Password on other platforms. The in-app purchase on Android is handled directly through the Play Store and is linked to your Google account. The same applies for iOS, the Pro features is linked to your Apple ID and is processed through Apple's App Store.

Lastly, 1Password 3.8.22 should still work with newer versions of 1Password but features exclusive to 1Password 4/5 will not be available in 1Password 3. What version of OS X are you using? You may be able to upgrade to 1Password 4.

• MattOKC
    MattOKC
    Community Member

Sorry, but that seems really unfair to me. How does it "keep costs down" if you simply sell me a full product, and then make me buy it ADDITIONAL times to use it on all my devices, when the original full product I bought was advertised as being able to share the info on all my devices? This feels like a trap that wasn't disclosed beforehand. It's a total "Gotcha!" on 1Password's part: make 1Password CRITICAL to making your devices ever function online again with anything that requires a password (which is pretty much everything), and then springing it on us, "oh, by the way, that full purchase you already paid us for? Not enough! Buy it again! Ten more bucks, please--and good luck with your brick of a smartphone if you decline!"

• 1Password 4 for Android is free indefinitely in its Reader mode, so no purchase is necessary to share and access your data across devices. In fact, 1Password has a free demo mode on all platforms (unless downloaded from the Mac App Store), which means that users can indeed access their vaults without purchasing multiple licenses. :)

I apologize if you feel that this is a trap. We try to make our per platform ("sane") system of licensing clear on our licenses page, where we note:

Our software is licensed per person and per platform, not per device. Each user and each platform requires a license. Licenses can be shared by up to six family members living in the same household. Licenses can not be transfered or re-sold.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you need anything else.

• Boone43atc
    Boone43atc
    Community Member

I have a license for 1Password for Mac and have downloaded the App for my Android phone. It opens in a trial version and wants me to buy the license. Doesn't the Android app work for free if you already have a license?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

No, they are licensed separately. The Android version is free in reader mode. You need to do a one off in-app purchase to get the full features.

• Boone43atc
    Boone43atc
    Community Member

Thanks. It appears to be $6.99, is that correct?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Sounds about right.

• Hey @Boone43atc, it looks like @RichardPayne was able to answer your question! :)

Please let us know if you need anything else. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.