New Version: 0.7.0

roustem
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
2010-05-15: 0.7.0
  • Updated user interface to better support keyboard navigation.
  • Added support for Cmd-\ and Ctrl-/ keyboard shortcuts. Currently these shortcuts are hardcoded and cannot be customized.
  • Added Strong Password Generator.
  • The popup window can be closed with Esc key.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited May 2010
    Wow, I saw a post from you in another thread about a new version to be released soon but man that was quick.
  • asherah
    asherah
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Great! But next time please choose a shortcut working on international keyboards too ;-) like -#
  • langtind
    langtind
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    If you really want another keyboard-shortcut, you can edit
    ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Extensions/gkndfifopckmhdkohjeoljlbfnjhekfg/0.7.0/content_script.js

Search for "220" and replace that with the key you want to use.

See http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/showthread.php?22830-Does-this-mean-that-we-could-use-a-keystroke&p=117539#post117539 for more instructions on how to get this number.

I know this will be solved by 1Password soon, but some of us just can't wait :)
  • smholmes
    edited December 1969
    Is there anyway to use the keyboard to select from a list of multiple entries that appear in the popup window when you use cmd + \? The only way I seem to be able to select one of them is to use the mouse, which kind of negates the purpose of the keyboard shortcut.
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    smholmes wrote:
    Is there anyway to use the keyboard to select from a list of multiple entries that appear in the popup window when you use cmd + \? The only way I seem to be able to select one of them is to use the mouse, which kind of negates the purpose of the keyboard shortcut.

Try to use the arrow keys to select the Login and Return key to fill.
  • Gregor
    Gregor
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    return key doesn't seem to do anything for me. :-(
    (only for multiple logins of course, when theres only one, its just a button which can be hit with return.)

thanks!
  • smholmes
    edited December 1969
    Gregor wrote:
    return key doesn't seem to do anything for me. :-(
    (only for multiple logins of course, when theres only one, its just a button which can be hit with return.)

Same for me. I can use the arrow keys to select the login, but the return key doesn't do anything.
  • bluehark
    edited December 1969
    I really shortcut update (command + \) but once we select the login in the pop-up, can it automatically push enter or login like the Firefox / Opera versions of the software? It's a subtle feature I really miss and it save me time :)
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    smholmes wrote:
    Same for me. I can use the arrow keys to select the login, but the return key doesn't do anything.

It looks like I broke Return key at the very last moment. Making 0.7.1 with the fix.
  • ameeps
    ameeps
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Nice job on the update :)
  • smholmes
    edited December 1969
    That was fast! It's working now. Thanks.
  • Gregor
    Gregor
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    works now!
    thanks so much for the quick fix :-)
  • nosnih
    edited December 1969
    This is awesome. Chrome updated the extension without my knowing, and tonight I hit Cmd-\ , purely out of habit, and it WORKED. so cool, guys.
  • pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Just wondering if entering your identity (for pages that support it) will be coming in a future release, or is already supported?
  • DesignJoe
    edited December 1969
    Thank You! 1Password has become an indispensable tool! With that said, it's GREAT to see you guys actively working on Chrome compatibility again! Now if it will just auto-submit when I hit Cmd - /... (wasntme)

Thank you... for such an incredible application!
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, bluehark, ameeps, nosnih, and DesignJoe!

The Chrome extension is auto-updating so when Roustem pushes a change, you all get it!

I know that you all want everything NOW, but please try to be patient with the feature implementations... we'll try to get the extension up to parity with our other Mac browser integrations as quickly as we can. It does help to know the work is so appreciated. :)
  • pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    MartyS wrote:

I know that you all want everything NOW, but please try to be patient with the feature implementations... we'll try to get the extension up to parity with our other Mac browser integrations as quickly as we can. It does help to know the work is so appreciated. :)

Yes, sorry for jumping in with a feature request - I really appreciate the work you're doing on the Chrome extension too (y)

It means I can finally make the move back to 1Password from Lastpass (switching back to OS X helped as well :) ). It's so nice having all my passwords on my computer, and not up in the cloud.

Also, looking forward to the continual evolution of 1Password for Windows, for those times when I still need to use Windows.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    No problem, pbryanw! We recognize enthusiasm when we see it. :)

By the way, drop by the 1Password for Windows forum and check it out, when you get a chance. We hope you'll agree that the beta is coming along very nicely.
  • slapshotw
    slapshotw
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    This is amazing. The keyboard shortcut is huge!
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    slapshotw wrote:
    This is amazing. The keyboard shortcut is huge!

We appreciate hearing that you like what we're doing.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    I'm hoping you mean "huge" as in "really exciting and empowering", rather than "too large to be useful". :)

If so, thanks!
  • binjured
    binjured
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    A quick feature request from a Vimer, RE: keyboard shortcuts: I'd like to customize up/down to j/k. Other than that, just awesome to notice an update to the extension. Getting much better; love that I can save and generate passwords now! Thanks guys!
  • macpug
    macpug
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the love, binjured.
    See, we told everyone we hadn't given up on it ;)
This discussion has been closed.