multiple users

Yiayia
Yiayia
Community Member

My husband bought a family version of 1Password 5. I now have it on my laptop but it is a 30 day trial, how do I enter his License # to convert it to a permanent app.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Yiayia,

It sounds like you're asking about the Mac version of 1Password, so I've moved your message to our Mac forums.

To activate 1Password 5 for Mac, you need to add a license file. When your husband purchased a license, he would have received an email from us with a link to download that license file. You simply need to download that file and add it to the 1Password 5 app on your Mac. If he no longer has that email, he can go to our support site and follow the steps in the "I've lost my license" section at the top.

Hopefully that helps, but please let us know if you still have questions about that. Thanks!

• froggy56
    froggy56
    Community Member

I think that my issue is similar, if not the same, so I'm adding to this topic rather than start a new one.

I have multiple user accounts on my Mac. I have downloaded 1Password and, on my user account, the fully functioning version appears. On my wife's account, however, she has the "Trial Expired" message. I've downloaded the licence file, but still the "Trial Expired" message appears on my wife's account.

How do I fix this, please?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @froggy56,

After you download the license file, you'll need to add it to the 1Password app. It usually works to simply double-click the license file you downloaded. If not, you can follow these steps to add the license file to 1Password on your wife's Mac user account.

Please let us know how it goes, thanks!

• froggy56
    froggy56
    Community Member

Thanks, @Drew_AG.
    That did work, eventually. The licence file was a hidden file - is that right? - and I had to get it to the other account without any restrictions on it. Anyway. It is fixed now and seems to be working. Thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @froggy56,

I'm glad it all worked out! I'm not sure what you mean about the file being hidden or having restrictions, it's just a file that you would download from the email with your license information (or from your account on our website) and then add to the 1Password app. But as long as things are all set now, it's nothing to worry about.

We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.