1Passwordanywhere cannot display section information

DaveFL
DaveFL
Community Member
edited March 2015 in Lounge

Not sure where to file this so filing it here.

If using 1Passwordanywhere and your login has a section that you have defined with password information. It is not displayed.

Also, on windows version the password is displayed but the section title is not displayed.

Both seem like bugs.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

1PasswordAnywhere does not handle custom fields. It's not a bug so much as a undeveloped feature.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DaveFL,

As RichardPayne said, these aren't really bugs per se, just features that aren't currently supported by 1PasswordAnywhere.

1PasswordAnywhere is a feature that is meant to give you basic access to your 1Password vault in Dropbox. It's a convenient way to view your 1Password data from a web browser on a device or computer that doesn't have the 1Password app installed, but it is not meant as a full password management solution.

Having said that, there are definitely areas of 1PasswordAnywhere that could use some improvement, and I can certainly send your feedback to our developers. Thanks for letting us know! :)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Having said that, there are definitely areas of 1PasswordAnywhere that could use some improvement, and I can certainly send your feedback to our developers. Thanks for letting us know!

At the moment the new opvault format does not have a 1PasswordAnywhere equivalent but I heard someone mention it. Is it your intention to include 1PasswordAnywhere in opvault if possible?

• DaveFL
    DaveFL
    Community Member

Seems silly. At a minimum it should support viewing all text fields that are available in the vault.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015

Hi @DaveFL,

I apologize for the frustration. I'll see if I can explain a bit further. If you use 1PasswordAnywhere, you'll probably notice that it doesn't look quite as refined as the latest and greatest versions of 1Password. This is because 1PasswordAnywhere was designed in the era of 1Password 3 (for Mac). At that time, custom fields did not exist in 1Password, so it's not that 1PasswordAnywhere didn't support an existing feature ... but rather that 1PasswordAnywhere has not received the same development attention as our full apps.

As Drew mentions above, this read-only solution is not intended as a replacement for the full-fledged 1Password app. We know that it could use a little bit of love, but I can't comment any further on future development plans at this time.

We really appreciate your feedback here, please do let us know if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.