Forum arrangement

Options
danco
danco
Volunteer Moderator

I think the Documentation (Knowledgebase feedback) section should come immediately after the 1Password section. Otherwise we have to scroll down past Knox, Beta, and Legacy sections, which are of less interest.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

The trouble is that a significant number of forum users (across the internet) are impatient, ignorant or stupid. They tend to post in the first forum they find rather then finding the correct one. Although, I have to say, 1Password users seem to be better than the statistical average for this sort of thing you still see posts in the Lounge for platform specific problems.

Putting the Knowledge Base Feedback forum at the bottom means that it will not get clogged up with irrelevant posts. Personally I'd be inclined to move the Lounge down there too!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I'm with @RichardPayne on this. And the enlightened users to which he refers are less likely to have useful commentary to add to developing the Knowledge Base too. I think it's in the right place.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @danco,

If I recall correctly (and I may be wrong here - I've been mostly-off for the past two weeks) the Knowledgebase Feedback forum did in fact start off in the top of the forum, but we did see a lot of off-topic posts. Personally, I'm inclined to agree with Richard and Hawkmoth: those who are unfamiliar with forums can get overwhelmed by the available options and post in the first place that they see. (I'd be interested to see what happens if we moved the Lounge to the bottom of the list as well!)

This discussion has been closed.