Feature Request: Software License: App Summary

ThePhoenixRiseth
ThePhoenixRiseth
Community Member

Hi,

I appreciate how 1Password auto looks up the icon of the app when entering Software Licenses. If it could also provide a little 1 paragraph type summary and/or category of the app it would be helpful. I have bought a lot of apps over the years and some of them I forget what they do. This is especially the case with a lot of single purpose utilities and apps that get thrown together in a bundle where you only really ned one or two of the apps right now, but the others come in handy later on.

Thanks

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

Just a reminder that you can paste that information into the notes field of each software license record now.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ThePhoenixRiseth ,

Hawkmoth makes a good suggestion here - that notes field is really handy! I'm not a developer, but I can imagine it would be a bit complicated to locate a description and category for each software license. :)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

I'm not a developer, but I can imagine it would be a bit complicated to locate a description and category for each software license.

It's not hard at all, although in Agilebits' case you would need to schedule work across all for platform teams as it involves a change to the common sync format.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RichardPayne ,

I think we're talking about different things here ... unless I'm misunderstanding you. My concern is that finding the description of App-x somewhere on the internet to be automatically included in the 'Software License' item in 1Password might be a tall order. Unless there's a standard place that those all exist that I am unaware of.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Oh, maybe I misread it. I thought @ThePhoenixRiseth was asking for a couple of new fields for him to enter category and description, not for a central database.

This discussion has been closed.