Securtiy breach

Hi there,

Thanks for 1Password, ive just bought the real version and love it.

I have noticed however that there is a lot of information available to anyone within the contents.js file. Yes passwords are encrypted but, names, websites etc are not which is a huge concern as anyone can who gets there hands on this file has a direct understanding of the sites i visit and the people i mingle with. Would there any chance you can encrypt these too and have it run off an id number instead?

Cheers.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    flashx, welcome to the forum!

We never say "never," but there are no plans to encrypt the titles or URLs of Login items, mostly because to do so would slow the speed with which they could be made available to you in the browser extensions, making performance unacceptable.

This article about the design of the Agile keychain may be of interest.
  • DBrown wrote:

We never say "never," but there are no plans to encrypt the titles or URLs of Login items, mostly because to do so would slow the speed with which they could be made available to you in the browser extensions, making performance unacceptable.

This article about the design of the Agile keychain may be of interest.

Cheers,

thanks for that info, i understand the reasoning now, i suppose all you can do is keep it in the back of your mind for the time being ;)
  • DBrown wrote:

+1 vote for encrypting these items.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    We understand there are folks who want to keep their visited sites hidden, as well as their credentials for logging in to those sites.

It may be that this is something we will look into for future releases of the 1Password product line (which would all need to support it simultaneously, of course).
  • kurtd
    kurtd
    Community Member
    edited January 2011
    +1 more vote for this feature
This discussion has been closed.