hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Even better. ;)

• marlene
    marlene
    Community Member
    Options

@hawkmoth - Thanks for pointing out where post numbers are. Never noticed it. Ha!

• marlene
    marlene
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff - Thanks for posting the video youtube link. Thank you guys for adding captions. Much appreciated! Hope this will be standard fare on all AgileBits videos.

• marlene
    marlene
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff (and all involved) - Appreciate your efforts with the captioning issue. Enjoyed watching the video and completely able to follow through. Giving you all ★★★★★ for cooperative effort. Thanks, again!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

You're welcome. Let's just hope that Agilebits decides to do it properly for all their videos. I'm not doing them all for them! ;-)
    @Megan what say you?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RichardPayne,

I think when I initially spoke to our video gurus, we were discussing adding captions for Vimeo, which is where we are currently hosting our videos. I haven't done much research myself (videos are not my area of expertise), but I'll speak with our team later today and show them your example.

As I've mentioned above, we do want to ensure that our content is accessible for all users, so we'll do what we can here!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Ah. Given the title of this thread, that would have been a critical piece of information. :tongue:

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RichardPayne ,

As usual, you're right! I mentioned earlier in the thread that we're still investigating whether YouTube or Vimeo (or both) is the best place to host our videos ... and the ease of adding captions to YouTube videos is a pretty big vote in that platform's favour.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan
    I think YouTube is more of a house hold name IMO. My 60 plus old mother knows what YouTube is... heck even my dad does and he's never been on the internet.
    I just think you want to go where the masses go. Maybe make a poll on Facebook to see what people think?

• marlene
    marlene
    Community Member
    Options

Pls let me know when new videos are released. Also all tutorial videos that have been captioned.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

As usual, you're right! I mentioned earlier in the thread that we're still investigating whether YouTube or Vimeo (or both) is the best place to host our videos ... and the ease of adding captions to YouTube videos is a pretty big vote in that platform's favour.

I would say that if Vimeo doesn't support captions then it's dead in the water. I have no idea what Canadian anti-discrimination laws says, but the simple moral position is clear.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RichardPayne ,

Thanks for the feedback, this is an important conversation to have! As we look to add more videos to our arsenal, we'll have to consider the best platform for hosting, and the ease of adding captions will play a large part in that decision. It's not that Vimeo doesn't support captions, it's just that we haven't been able to make it work for us yet.

We will work on improving this moving forward.

• marlene
    marlene
    Community Member
    Options

Pls let me know when new videos are released. Also all tutorial and agilebits videos that have been captioned.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @marlene,

If you'd like to stay on top of all things 1Password, please check out our blog, follow us on Twitter (@1Password) and Facebook, or sign up for our newsletters.

We do tend to get excited about new stuff, so we'll be sure to announce in those locations as soon as we have something to share! :)

• marlene
    marlene
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Megan.

This discussion has been closed.