UK localisation incomplete?

Stephen_C
Stephen_C
Community Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: How do enable British Language text?.

Comments

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

Note to developers, I am on the mobile forum and I have no idea which forum group this is posting to and I can't easily work out how I can tell without going into each forum and scrolling through, I oight to be able to tell from my discussions or my notifications page.

With the above in mind I'm aware I might be crossing streams here (which we all know should never happen). I'm taking specifically about the new iOS beta which shipped today.

Nothing in the list above my screenshot is noteworthy, but you can see the new National Insurance Numbers translation.

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

Ok, right at the top on my first post it says 1Password for Mac. Can a kind soul please move this? I'm a terrible beta tester.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@smallcheese as requested I've moved your last three posts to the 1P for iOS beta forum. You may need to add something if they no longer make complete sense in the absence of the original thread in the 1P for Mac forum.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @smallcheese ,

The mobile forums are a bit limited in their scope, I apologize for the confusion!

It is great to see some progress with the UK localization, indeed. :)

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

Hi folks,

I'm looking into this again and can see that the localisation is still a bit short of what I would expect. @Stephen_C what's you're opinion on the current state of the iOS localisation? Is it complete as far as your edits? I guess I'm expecting to see Driving Licences rather than Driver Licences?

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

Oh, and favourites!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@smallcheese I believe all my "translations" have gone through. I was reasonably prudent in converting strings and thus did not change "Driver licenses" to "Driving licences". I was unsure whether the original might in effect be some useful abbreviation to make it fit better in the relevant panel.

Where are you seeing an American "favorites"? Where else do you feel the translation falls short?

Stephen

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

Along the tabs at the bottom I have Favorites and Organize rather than the British versions, and at the top of those respective tabs the names are repeated.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@smallcheese:

Along the tabs at the bottom I have Favorites and Organize

Sorry to be obtuse, but I'm not sure where are the "tabs" you mention. I assume you're talking about 1P for Mac as you've posted in that forum but I'm afraid I can't find tabs in either the main app or in 1P mini. Perhaps you could post a screen shot.

I'm also assuming you're using 1P5.

Stephen

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

Hi @Stephen_C

You moved this post to the iOS beta forum for me, my note here is regarding the iOS app and the tabs are the main navigation buttons at the bottom of the screen.

Cheers
    Tom

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

Tom, so sorry: have been switching so much between forums I lost track—apologies. I've no idea why those are not localised but confirm I see it on my version too.

Let me go back to Crowdin, where the localisations are, and see if I can find out what's happened.

Edit: I've been back and looked at the translations and can see no reason at all why those strings were not included. Everything is localised to date, subject only to an outstanding issue I've flagged on use of "favorite" as a variable, which I'm thinking should not be localised. We really some input from AgileBits on this, I think.

Edit 2: for the benefit of anyone reading this thread AgileBits is looking at this.

Stephen

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

And here @smallcheese -- despite UK English settings across the board on my iPhone, still shows USAnian speelings in that part of the app.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @smallcheese, @Stephen_C and @cjbulow ,

I see that the most recent beta 5.3.BETA-22 (build #503022) - Released 2015-03-13 includes updated localization. Could you let me know if you're still seeing the USA-nian spellings anywhere?

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

Sadly not, still stuck with inferior (though more sensible) spelling. Credit card icons seem more stable though (from my other thread) after initially not showing at first launch. I'll not contaminate this thread though.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015

Hi @smallcheese,

Thanks for that update! I'll check with our developers to see what's up. (Although, as a Canadian, I'm not sure I agree with your characterization of US spelling as 'more sensible' ... I do love my 'favourites' and 'colours'.) ;)

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

@Megan No change here either -- still US spelling.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi all,

I've pinged our developers about this, and they're looking into the issue. We'll do what we can to have this sorted just as soon as possible!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@megan sorry not to respond earlier. I've been away for a few days. I'm responding now only as a matter of courtesy as I'm not using the 1P for iOS beta so can't comment. I didn't want you to think I was just ignoring you!

Stephen

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

@Megan No problem; I lived and worked in the US for 5 years, so it doesn't cause too much pain.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reporting this issue :+1:

I was able to find out what the problem was: we were fetching the English UK strings from Crowdin but we were not using them all. So I fixed the bug. YAY! Please keep an eye out for new betas :wink:

Can you please confirm that this is one of the issues that you were experiencing?

Currently in 5.3.BETA-22:

Expected:

Please let us know if you encounter any other UK localization issues once we ship the fix. Screenshots are very very appreciated.

Cheers!

Rad

ref: OPM-2892

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

That's exactly it (as well as the Organize menu too which also looks fixed. Looking forward to the update!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @smallcheese ,

Thanks for confirming! I'm glad we were able to track this down for you all. :)

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

Hurrah, 503023 has done it :)

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

Thanks @Rad -- looking good here.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for letting us know that 5.3.BETA-23 fixed it :+1:

Please let us know if you see any other localization issues.

Have an amazing weekend!

This discussion has been closed.