iCloud Sync

Options
cohnhead
cohnhead
Community Member

I purchased the app through the Agilebits website. I just read about the issue with iCloud sync with this version. What are my options to get the iCloud sync working now? I really need this feature because I have a lot of different iDevices to use 1Password on.

Please help. Thank you!!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you bought the app within the past 30 days from AgileBits you will be able to get a refund. To do that send an email to support+licenses @ agilebits.com with the following information:

1. your full name;
    2. your full address when you purchased 1P;
    3. the approximate date you bought 1P;
    4. the email address you used when you purchased 1P;
    5. a request for a refund to enable you to buy the Mac App Store version;
    6. a link to this thread.

You will receive an automatic response with a ticket number. Post that number in this thread, which will help AgileBits connect the two and speed the response.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cohnhead,

I was able to find your purchase in our system by searching for the email address associated with your forum account, and I see you just purchased the license for 1Password 5 for Mac earlier today. So we can definitely issue a refund if you'd like to buy the Mac App Store version instead. Please keep in mind that we don't have the ability to give individual discounts on the Mac App Store, so you would need to buy it at the full price shown there.

On the other hand, if you decide to use the web store version of 1Password 5 for Mac, you can sync 1Password with your iOS devices by using Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync. So, there are sync options aside from iCloud.

If you'd still like a refund for your purchase on our web store, please let us know. Thanks!

ref: 833737

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@cohnhead,

Stephen_C is right, of course.

But you do not actually NEED the App Store version, though you may PREFER it. Dropbox sync will work fine, and many people, include AgileBits staff, use it.

One advantage of buying direct from AgileBits is that they have more flexibility in pricing. Forinstance, should there be a paid upgrade, those who buy from the App Store will have to pay full price, while those who buy direct would have a discount possible (Apple's rules, Agile can't don anything about it).

• cohnhead
    cohnhead
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. Thanks. I will keep the version I have. I figured out a way to use iCloud Drive.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cohnhead,

I'm glad our answers were helpful!

You said you found a way to use iCloud Drive. Do you mean you used the Folder Sync option in 1Password 5 for Mac to sync your keychain to your iCloud Drive folder? If so, please note that this won't work with 1Password on your iOS devices. 1Password 5 for Mac and iOS use Apple's new CloudKit technology for iCloud sync, and although CloudKit requires iCloud Drive to be enabled, it does not actually work by storing files in iCloud Drive. 1Password 5 for iOS doesn't have the Folder Sync option, and will not be able to find your 1Password data in iCloud Drive.

Sorry for any confusion about that! If I misunderstood or if you have more questions, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.