can I make 1password work with sites that use 'security sheet' logins?

Options
stufried
stufried
Community Member

My companys implementation of Sharepoint, and some 3rd party sites, use what (I think were once called) 'security sheets' - forms that drop down from the browser frame to enter your credentials into

The way I have 1Password configured it doesn't recognize the fields to be filled in. Is there a way to configure it to make it work?

Or if it is a limitation to the current product can the behavior be changed/enhanced to make it work?

Running OSX 10.10.2 + Security Update 2015-03, Safari 8.0.4, and 1Password 5.1 (510027)

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stufried,

Could you be referring to basic auth at all? Now every browser and OS looks different but this is what it looks like in Safari:

So it's not part of the actual page but the server is throwing an authorisation request back to the browser before it's willing to proceed.

If this is what you're referring to then we would like to support it but there isn't a standard way of doing so in a scripted way, in fact I don't believe Safari allows you to at all.

If this isn't what you're referring to I might need a little help in identifying the page you're trying to work with. Please do let us know :smile:

• stufried
    stufried
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables, yeah, this is what I'm seeing. Guess I'm just out of luck then. ::sigh:: :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stufried,

Yes, as littlebobbytables mentioned, 1Password won't currently work with HTTP authentication prompts. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you! If you're curious, you can find a bit more information in this discussion.

If you have more questions about that, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.