Login trouble: FIA Card Services (Fidelity American Express [Amex] credit card): fiacardservices.com

MikeV99
MikeV99
Community Member
edited March 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

Fidelity CC has changed their webpage, https://secure.fiacardservices.com/login/trans/cc/sign-in/entry/signOnScreen.go, and now it requires me to have two logon scripts defined.

Previously, one entered the username and pressed Login to go to the password screen, then using the same login script the password was entered, Submit or Return was pressed and the login was completed.

Since the change entering the password with the script returns the user to the beginning login screen. A second password script or manually entering in the password works.

If one creates a completely new login script the saved login script does not have the username in it. If the username is added manually then the new script fails.

I've not tried it on an IOS device...

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015

Hi @MikeV99,

I'm sorry that you are having some trouble with your FIA Card Services Login. I myself have an account there, so I'm guessing we can get things working as well for you as they work for me. Let's give it a try. :)

1. Visit https://secure.fiacardservices.com/
    2. Enter your username but DO NOT submit the form
    3. Open 1Password mini and click the gear in the top right corner to show mini's preferences menu.
    4. Select "Save new Login"
    5. Click "Save" in the "1Password Save Login" window to save the new Login
    6. Submit the form to continue to the password page.
    7. Enter your password but DO NOT submit the form.
    8. Open 1Password mini again and click the gear in the top right corner to show mini's preferences menu.
    9. Select "Save new Login" again.
    10. This time, be sure to select "Update existing Login…" from the drop-down.
    11. Also make sure that the Login item you created in step 5 is the one selected
    12. Click the "Update" button.

You should now have a working Login for FIA Card Services. This is essentially the process described in our support article:

Using 1Password with login sequences split across multiple pages

Please let me know how it goes. :)

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member

Did not work. Same result.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015

Ah. I think I see the problem. My apologies. I'm going to have the developers look at this and see how we can improve. For now, though, there is still a way to get a usable Login item here. We just have to try it a different way. :)

1. In the main 1Password app, choose File > New Item > Login from the menu bar.
    2. Enter your FIA Card Services username and password.
    3. Use this for the website: https://secure.fiacardservices.com/
    4. Click the Save button to save the new Login.

Note that the second page will not be filled in automatically after the first one is submitted. You will need to fill the Login on each page of the process: ⌘\ on the username page and then ⌘\ again on the password page (or select the Login from the 1Password button in your browser with your mouse each time).

Does that work any better?

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member

Did not work. Same result.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Can you let me know what specific versions of (1) 1Password, (2) browser, and (3) 1Password extension you are using? I am wondering if it would help to have you try the beta app and extension if you are not already using them.

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member

1Password Version 5.1 (510027) Mac App Store, Safari, extension 4.3.0

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I think things are working a lot better for this site in the beta. I don't have a specific release date, but if you don't mind sitting tight, I think the next update will be out relatively soon. We've made some huge improvements. It was working well for me with the "old" version (current stable), so I thought we could get it working for you too. However, if you're having this much trouble, it may be easier just to wait for the update which should make it a breeze.

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member

OK. BTW, tested it too on the iPad. Works OK with the 1PW browser; however, the username/password fields are not filled in when using the Safari dropdown.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015

What you say makes sense. We made some improvements to the form filling across the board, so you will also see them on iOS when we release the next iOS update.

Thanks for your patience. And thanks again for reporting this! :)

ref: OPX-898

This discussion has been closed.