BuyMeAPie, another one

MrC
MrC
Volunteer Moderator
edited March 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

There is a closed thread about the buymeapie.com site and data entry. It helped to get my Login data entered. However, there are a couple of issues:

1. No Login or Password field is shown in the Login entry - the data is in the Web form details, as user_session[login] and user_session[password]. So this makes changing the password (which is a PIN), or viewing the username, not so obvious.
  2. The Login is not auto-entering when using Open and Fill (site: http://buymeapie.com/lists).
  3. ⌘-\ fills in the data, but it is not submitted. I think this is a known issue.

Can anything be done about these issues?

1Password 5
Version 5.3.BETA-22 (530022)
Agile Beta

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MrC,

I've moved your discussion to our brand new 'Saving and Filling in Browser' category. One of our filling gurus should take a look at this for you real soon!

• Thanks for reporting this issue @MrC!

You're totally right, the BuyMeAPie login page is not playing nicely with 1Password at all. It's a unique site in that the PIN code is not a password field, which confuses 1Password as we normally expect password fields for PINs and passwords. This partially explains your issue #1. I need to look into the username and password detection logic and see why we're saving blank values for the username and password.

As for #2, my guess is you saved the login on the main page. Since the webform details are technically different, we fill using a different algorithm and rely on the username and password fields. When I edited my save login to have a username and password, 1Password was able to fill the username field, but again it missed the PIN field because it's not technically a password.

As for #3, we will not autosubmit a form that doesn't have a password field in it. This is a safety measure as we found autosubmitting any form had too many false positives.

I opened up a issue to track the filling and saving issues with this website. I think I have a solution and with any luck it will work. I'll have to play with it first before I can be certain so I can't promise anything at the moment.

Thanks again for reporting this. While I am indeed happy you reported this, I am rather upset with you as I totally want some pie now. You're making it hard to keep my New Year's resolution ;)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Pecan, Apple, or Boston Cream?

• Lemon meringue is by far my biggest vice when it comes to pies :)

Blueberry and pumpkin are a very close second.

This discussion has been closed.