It says "Trial has expired" but I am using a paid version... [Resolved - apply license file]

Options
Jemac
Jemac
Community Member
edited March 2015 in Mac

On my chrome extension it says "Trial has Expired. Click here to purchase," but I paid for the software. This is annoying, and I feel like it could affect the product...would appreciate some help.

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

When did you buy?

1PW5 is a free upgrade from 1PW4 (but only works on Yosemite), but 1PW4 is a paid upgrade from 1PW3.

There was a bug that for some people meant that they were able to continue using 1PW4 after the free trial ended without being required to make the purchase. This bug was squashed in 1PW5 (and maybe in latest version of 1PW4, I am not sure about this).

So possibly you only paid for 1PW3.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

@Jemac - If you bought your license directly from the AgileBits web store, you can have it resent if you go to this page and enter the email you used when you bought it.

If you bought your license from the Mac App Store, there isn't a license to install, because licensing is handled by Apple and is tied to the Apple ID used to make the transaction. There aren't trial versions sold by Apple, though, so you shouldn't be seeing trial expired notices in this case, unless you have an older trial from AgileBits still on your system.

Let us know if this is helpful, or, if it isn't, post back with your follow up questions.

• Jemac
    Jemac
    Community Member
    Options

I have my purchase receipt and the license key...where should I go from here?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jemac,

I found your license info in our system and had it emailed to you (it might be the same as the info you already found). You'll need to download your license file for 1Password 5 from a link in that email, then add that file to 1Password. If you need help, you can follow the steps here.

Does that help? Sorry for any confusion about that. If you have more questions or are still having trouble with the license file, please let us know - we're always glad to help!

• Jemac
    Jemac
    Community Member
    Options

That worked - thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jemac,

I'm so glad to hear that Drew was able to help get you sorted out - thanks for letting us know!

Since this particular issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support+forum@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.