App won't launch after upgrade [Resolved]

Options
mnsuk
mnsuk
Community Member
edited March 2015 in Mac

After upgrade to 5.1 (from 5.0.2 I think) app will not launch. It fails with error:

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @loader_path/Frameworks/CrashReporter.framework/Versions/A/CrashReporter
Referenced from: /Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/HockeySDK.framework/Versions/A/HockeySDK
Reason: image not found

It's on a Mac Mini OS X 10.10.2 with one vault and Dropbox syncing.

A search of the forum revealed another who'd had this problem and solved it with a fresh install. That's something I'd rather avoid or at the very least be certain of the process to do it that won't lose my data or license.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Please try this:

1. Drag the 1P app to the trash (don't use any app cleaner tool, which is likely to try to delete files you need to keep).
    2. Empty the trash and reboot.
    3. Re-download and re-install 1P.

That ought to solve your problem and you won't lose any data if you follow the instructions exactly (particularly about not using any app cleaner tool).

Stephen

• mnsuk
    mnsuk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, it's up and running now. Cursory look around and seems ok too.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mnsuk,

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're up and running, I'm glad to hear that Stephen was able to help you out here!

Since this particular issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support+forum@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.