1Password + Dropbox on several PCs

Paralell instalation on several computers?
Hi,

yesterday I have bought 1 Password for Windows, and I have successfully installed it on my laptop in my Dropbox (subfolder). I begin to use it, and I also have found the html file in my Dropbox on my other computers, so I can login by using 1 Password anywhere. But doing this I cannot enter new items on these other computers, only see previous ones already entered on my laptop.

So does this mean I should install 1PW on all my computers, and how will this installation work to prevent not deleting the already installed agilekeychain file?

thanks for your help and best regards

Wolfgang

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2011
    Wolfgang, welcome to the forum!

1PasswordAnywhere (the 1Password.html file inside the 1Password.agilekeychain folder) provides read-only access to your 1Password data. (details)

To share and sync your 1Password data among 1Password installations on multiple PCs, Macs, and iOS and Android devices, you'll need to use Dropbox as described in the following documents.

The "big picture":

Windows-specific instructions:

If you already have data in 1Password on multiple computers and devices, I'd recommend choosing the one with the most complete information and sync'ing all the others to it by putting it in Dropbox first.

In each of the others, back up your 1Password data (iOS devices) or export it (Mac and PC), point 1Password to the Dropbox-sync'ed 1Password data file/folder, restore or import the data, and eliminate duplicates as needed.

i hope that helps, Wolfgang. Details on all of these processes can be found in the user's guides for the various 1Password installations.
  • Dear David,

thanks very much for your fast reply and advice. In the meantime I have followed your suggestions. I have installed 1PW on my other PCs, and during the installation process all recognized immediately the keychain folder, which I had already put in dropbox during my first installation on my laptop. All works very well and is perfectly synchronized!

Great programm! I just beginn to use it, but what I can see so far is perfect for me!

Thanks again and best regards

Wolfgang
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    That's great news, Wolfgang! Thanks for updating the thread.

We're glad to help, so drop by whenever you have a question.
This discussion has been closed.