1Password Dropbox Vault "Blank" on Mac [Resolved]

mattp
mattp
Community Member
edited March 2015 in Mac

I have used 1Password 4 on Windows 7 for several years and successfully sync via Dropbox with the 1Password Pro version on iOS.

On my new Mac, I installed Dropbox and 1Password (bought through the App Store) and tried to load my vault. 1Password found my synced vault, but it appears completely blank on my Mac.

I type in my password, open the vault and it displays as completely empty - no logins, secure notes, etc.

I can still see all my information on my Windows and iOS versions.

I have the latest versions for everything (1Password, Dropbox, operating systems). I also double and triple-checked that I was using the correct Dropbox account and the path to the vault was the same on all my devices. I also tried repairing the vault on my PC in case that was an issue.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

Edit: More details:
1Password for Windows, Version 4.3.0.556
1Password for iOS, Version 5.2.1 Pro
1Password for Mac, Version 5.1 (510027) Mac App Store

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit SP1
iOS 8.2
OS X Yosemite, Version 10.10.2

Dropbox 3.2.9 (Windows)
Dropbox 3.8 (iOS)
Dropbox 3.2.9 (Mac)

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

Looks to me like you have two different .agilekeychains on Dropbox. On the PC and the iOS device it is labeled "1Password 2.agilekeychain" while on the Mac it's labeled "1Password.agilekeychain". This is from your screenshots, by the way.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mattp,

Thanks for including the helpful screenshots. @vplewis is exactly right, you are working with two different vaults. You should be able to access all your data simply by switching which Dropbox vault is synced on your new Mac.

In 1Password 5 > Preferences > Sync > Primary (as shown in your 4th screenshot), change it to "Sync Primary vault with: None" and click Disable Sync (careful not to check the box for "Delete data from Dropbox").

Then change it back to Dropbox, and this time, choose the file named 1Password 2.agilekeychain. Then go ahead and "Merge with Existing" if/when prompted.

And that should do it! Let us know how that works out for you.

• mattp
    mattp
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

Well I feel silly. I went through and removed the blank vault from Dropbox and it is working smoothly. Thanks @vplewis and @Vee.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mattp,

No need to feel silly! Your detailed posts were so helpful in tracking down the issue - thanks for being so thorough!

I'm glad to hear that everything is syncing properly for you now.

Since this particular issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you hit any other snags with 1Password, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support+forum@agilebits.com - we're more than happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.