Sugar Sync support

Options
macdoctor
macdoctor
Community Member

can we have the possibility of using Sugar Sync to sync the database between mac, windows and android along with IOS

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion, @macdoctor. This is likely currently possible between Mac and Windows, but not Android and iOS. We're definitely looking into additional sync methods, and I'll add a vote for Sugar Sync for you.

Thanks!

Ben

• macdoctor
    macdoctor
    Community Member
    Options

so is it safe to sync directly between mac and windows without having the database getting corrupted ?

what i was planning to do is use iCloud to sync between mac and iOS and then to sync with windows i would change the sync to a local folder that is shared with windows using Sugar Sync would this be ok and not cause any problems or data corruption?

• Ben
    Options

I would not recommend regularly changing sync methods as that could lead to conflicts. Currently to sync all of the platforms you mentioned Dropbox would be the best ( / only) solution we'd recommend.

Otherwise please see this guide:

• macdoctor
    macdoctor
    Community Member
    Options

i think the other solution for now is to use sugar sync to sync between windows and mac and wifi to sync with iPhone

• Ben
    Options

That should work fine, yes. :)

This discussion has been closed.