I’m using the web store (non-Mac App Store) version of 1Password.

Options
Julio
Julio
Community Member

I’m using the web store (non-Mac App Store) version of 1Password and I want to sync by iCloud.
I have iPhone and iPad that syncs with iCloud and since I upgrade to 1Password 5...
How can I use iCloud to sync my Mac? When (non-Mac App Store) clients will have this service available?
Can I receive a voucher to buy 1password 5 in the Apple Store?

Comments

• Plato
    Plato
    Community Member
    Options

iCloud sync requires the MAS version. If you purchased within the past 30 days, Agile will give you a refund. Contact them directly.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Perhaps the iCloud FAQ will give you the information you seek. The bottom line, though, is that there is no mechanism to migrate a user's AgileBits license to a Mac App Store license. The AgileBits folks have said that they would gladly add iCloud syncing to the version they sell, if Apple changes its policy that requires that any software using the iCloud sync protocols must be sold from one of their app stores.

Your iPad and iPhone will work well with your current version of 1Password for Mac if you switch to Dropbox or WiFi syncing.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

hawkmoth's post has a crucial misprint in the last line.

It should say

"Dropbox or wifi syncing"

not iCloud.

• Julio
    Julio
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the good catch, @danco! Oops indeed. I edited my post to fix that to keep from up involving anyone else in my error.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Julio,

I'm sorry for any confusion about iCloud sync! It looks like the others here have already given you some good information about that, I hope it was helpful for you. I found your license in our system and it looks like you purchased it from our web store close to a year ago, so I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to process a refund at this point. If you really want to use iCloud sync, you'll need to make a new purchase of 1Password 5 for Mac in the Mac App Store. But as hawkmoth mentioned, you can continue using the web store version and switch to Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync.

If you have more questions about that or need anything else, please let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

• casadethai
    casadethai
    Community Member
    Options

Drew, or anyone...I just installed from the Agile site 2 days ago and have only added a couple of new logins so far and today I realize I need to install from the App Store in order to use ICloud synch. I'm ready to do that now but just a bit concerned about transitioning the couple of logins I've already created. Will they move over automatically to the "App store version"?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @casadethai,

Good question! Basically the answer is yes - the Mac App Store version should automatically find your data from the web store version. It should be a very easy process to switch, and we have more information here: Switching to the Mac App Store version of 1Password

If you have more questions about that, please let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.