Add ability to lock and unlock individual Vaults

Options
YurtTheCurt
YurtTheCurt
Community Member

Hi,
It would be nice to be able to lock and unlock vaults individually. If I lock my vault, it locks all the vaults. If I unlock my primary vault, I have access to any additional vault I've created. The latter is a security issue especially if a device is used by multiple people.

1Password 5
Version 5.1 (510035)
Agile Web Store

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @YurtTheCurt,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestion! As you know, unlocking your Primary vault with its master password will also unlock all your secondary vaults. It works that way for your convenience, so you only need to enter one master password to access all your data, instead of needing to unlock each vault separately. However, if you would like to unlock a secondary vault (while leaving the Primary vault locked) you can switch to it prior to unlocking by selecting 1Password > Switch to Vault (or in 1Password mini, click the 1Password icon/image on the lock screen to select a secondary vault). When you unlock a secondary vault, it leaves your other vaults locked.

If other people use your Mac, and you're afraid they'll look at your data in 1Password if you've left it unlocked, you should definitely lock 1Password before someone else uses that Mac. From anywhere on your Mac, you can use the ^⌥⌘L ( Control+Option+Command+L ) keyboard shortcut to lock 1Password.

Hopefully that helps, but please let us know if you need anything else.

This discussion has been closed.