1) Enter: @username
2) Press enter

The username disappears.

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Drives me batty. Try Escape to break out of the auto complete mode.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Forum search is, on occasion, dire. Other symptoms of dysfunction:

1. search on some common term or phrase, check the first page of results and go to the second: blank, "no results";
    2. on a later page of multi-page results backspace to return to a previous page of search results: blank, "no results";
    3. occasionally, search for a word or phrase you know must exist: blank, "no results".

The forum search can be exceptionally frustrating at times.

Stephen

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Try Escape to break out of the auto complete mode.

Have done and also tried clicking out of the textbox and back in again. Both methods work sometimes and no others.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

@Stephen_C, the search issues should be fixed now.

@RichardPayne, agreed, it is bad. I've reported it as a bug a while ago, we're still waiting for them to fix it. Right now, what you can do is insert a comma to kill the completion.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike. Will check and report back as I use it during the day.

Stephen

• MikeT
    Options

Please do, we've switched to a different search server and flushed our cache. After that, we weren't able to reproduce the issues.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

So far I'm finding search much more reliable and the old issues have not (yet!) reappeared. I'll report back here if they do.

However, I'm finding loss of post numbers beside posts in a thread a little frustrating as it makes cross-referencing within a thread challenging.

Stephen

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Stephen_C,

So far I'm finding search much more reliable and the old issues have not (yet!) reappeared. I'll report back here if they do.

That's great to hear.

However, I'm finding loss of post numbers beside posts in a thread a little frustrating as it makes cross-referencing within a thread challenging.

That's a theming issue, we will look into it soon. We're just rolling out the first iteration of the new theme and have been working on improving it since.

If you want to link a comment, you can copy the link from the timestamp if you want. While it's not a unique number since many posts just shows the same date but they are uniquely linked to the comment.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Options

FYI, until item links are available. Copy the timestamp link, remove the Comment_# part, and replace with the Item_#. You can see the item number in the page's HTML source. Example for MikeT's post above:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/192937/#Comment_192937

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/192937/#Item_8

• MikeT
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @MrC,

Thanks! You can also just link it like [comment link][post #] instead of replacing the last part with #Item_ID.

I'll nudge our team once more to fix this sooner.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Stephen_C, @MrC, @MikeT: I might be misunderstanding here; if so, forgive me.

I too missed the timestamps (though I see those are back) and the post numbers, but noticed that the time/date to the right of the username actually links to that individual post. Just wanted to throw that out there in case it helps someone else! :)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

testing.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

testing

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

@brenty and @MrC, that's what I meant in my post 6 posts up : that you can copy the link from the timestamp or should I say date/time stamps.

It shows the time if the posts were made within 24 hours of your current time but beyond that, it will change to the date format.

This discussion has been closed.