1Password Chrome Extension makes Chrome Crash

Options
hafenkranich
hafenkranich
Community Member

Since a few days my chrome browser crashes whenever the 1Password Chrome-Extension is loaded. I deactivated every single other extension but 1Password but still it crashes when 1P-Ext is active and doesn't crash when 1P-Ext is inactive.

By Crashing I mean not loading a URL when I type in the adressbar, not searching when typing search terms, not reloading, no loading URLs by bookmarks, nothing. Not even loading Chrome Settings.

I don't even have to restart Chrome to make it work again. just deactivate 1P Ext, reload the page and it works like a charm.
Activate 1P Ext again and It doesn't work anymore.

System:
MAC Pro with OS X Yosemite 10.10.2
Browser Chrome (autoupdate)
1Password 5

What I did so far:

• deactivate VPN
  • check for Updates (Chrome, 1Password, 1P Chrome Ext, OS X)
  • check internet connection
  • try other browsers (works fine)

Anyone else having these Problems? Any Ideas?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hafenkranich,

I'm not really a user of Google Chrome, I just keep it for troubleshooting purposes so this is merely a suggestion. Have you tried a new Chrome profile to see if that makes any difference? If you go into Chrome's settings you can add a new person or profile. It might be worth trying to see if it makes any difference.

The way you describe the issue it sounds like it's an instantly noticeable effect but the extension seems to behave for me.

One other question, what version of our extension are you running? I'm just wondering if you've been running our beta or not.

Hopefully we can discover the cause of this :smile:

This discussion has been closed.