file error "1Password_Autosubmi.scrpt" couldn't be opened because you don't have perimission

Options
claudiop
claudiop
Community Member

Hi
I've running OSX 10.10.2 and 1Password Version 5.1 (510027)

Whenever I try to do a login into a web browser site I get this error ["1Password_Autosubmi.scrpt" couldn't be opened because you don't have permission to view it]. I've gone to the user/library/Appication Scripts and changed permissions to allow me as owner to rwx but to no avail

any ideas, cheers Claudio

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @claudiop,

Try as I might, I can't replicate your error message and I really did try! I'm looking at a 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper folder that isn't accessible by anybody and still it will cheerfully ignore that fact that it can't access the script (which I also removed all read/write privileges from).

Try this, see if it has any effect. Just as a quick note, this will work for our Agile Web Store (AWS) version of 1Password but not the MAS version.

1. Go to ~/Library/Application Scripts/ and move the entire 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper folder to your Trash.
    2. Go to your browser of choice and uninstall the 1Password Browser Extension. I know, it sounds odd but trust me (at least for a couple of more steps).
    3. Reboot your Mac - this is important for reasons of OS caching.
    4. Open your browser and reinstall the 1Password Browser Extension. This should reinstall the script, at least it has for me just now.

Does it work any better?

This discussion has been closed.