Error message on reboot: 'database is locked'

Options
pghkatrina
pghkatrina
Community Member

I have a Macbook Pro late 2011. Running Yosemite 10.10.2. and 1Password 5. Recently when I reboot I get the error message pictured below:

I close the error message and then I have 2 1Password minis appear in my toolbar. One is unlocked, the other is not. I close the one that's open and the locked one stays in my toolbar. Everything runs fine. But I don't know what this error is. Can anyone offer some insight? how to fix this? Thank you.

Comments

• Hi @pghkatrina,

Thanks for writing in. It sounds to me like two instances of 1Password mini are trying to launch, which I can see happening two ways:

Way 1:
    Is it possible that you have multiple instances of 1Password installed on your Mac? Or maybe available on a backup drive or something? If you do a Spotlight search for 1Password.app, does more than 1 show up? If so, I'd heavily recommend that you drag all but the most recent to the trash, then reboot your Mac.

Way 2:
    Is it possible that you have 1Password enabled as a Login Item in System Preferences? It's likely that you want 1Password as a login item, but this shouldn't be necessary for you to manage as an official Login Item. Simply enabling the option to keep mini running in 1Password's preferences will tell the system that it should launch 1Password mini at login. This uses a different mechanism than login items.

Let's check by starting those two things to start. If it's not that, then we'll dig deeper and figure out what's going on here.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rick

• pghkatrina
    pghkatrina
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have 1Password 5 for Mac and mini but only have one instance of each appears in Spotlight. Also use Safari & Chrome extensions.

I do have 1Password mini set for login. So there is no need to add it to the Login Items under Users & Groups in System Preferences? It will automatically open on it's own? That may likely be it. I'm used to having everything in my tool bar set to login items (DropBox, Flux, etc). I'll disable it and try rebooting.

• pghkatrina
    pghkatrina
    Community Member
    Options

That must have been it . Looks good rebooting this time. Thanks. :-)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm happy to hear it's working correct now @pghkatrina, thanks so much for letting us know!

If you have more questions about that or need anything else, please let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.