Select and copy text from secure notes in 1Password mini anchored window

Options
cparnot
cparnot
Community Member

The limitation is very specific to anchored windows of secure notes opened via 1Password mini. It is not possible to select and copy text from those. I am not trying to copy-paste a password there. I just have useful information in freeform text, which I need to copy-paste into another document on a regular basis, and I really like having the floating anchored window for that purpose. My current workaround is to enter Edit mode, but it would be best not to have to.

I might be wrong, but it's probably just a matter of checking off a flag somewhere in the corresponding xib in Xcode :-) Thanks!!

1Password
Version 4.4.2 (442010)
Mac App Store

Charles

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You might find helpful the tip in this AgileBits post.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cparnot,

Thanks for letting us know about that! I see what you mean, and that seems like a bug to me, so I've submitted a ticket to our developers. For now, aside from entering Edit mode for the anchored window, you could instead copy select text from un-anchored item details in 1Password mini, or from the main 1Password app.

You said you're using 1Password 4 on your Mac, so I wanted to mention that if/when this is fixed, it will be in an update for the latest version of 1Password (which is currently version 5). I don't believe we have plans at this time to release any additional updates for version 4. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

If you have questions about that or need anything else, please let us know. Thanks!

ref: OPM-2963

This discussion has been closed.