Sync item category not working properly

Options
juanii
juanii
Community Member

Hi,

I'm using 1Password 4.2b15 in my Android device. Yesterday I logged into a new website and a new Password item was automatically created (using 1Password 5.3.BETA-28 for Mac). Today I turned that item into a Login item, also in the Mac. When syncing my Android device, I couldn't find the Login item. It drove me crazy (only for 5 minutes) re-syncing several times, checking if the Dropbox folder was catching the new files, etc. End of the story: the item in the Android device is still under the Passwords category. It's in fact updated (e.g. the title field is the same as in the Mac) but it's misplaced and I can't see any fields when I open it (maybe the software is looking for fields belonging to a Password item and can't find them since it's now a Login, I'm just guessing). Unfortunately I can't remember if I synced the Android device before moving the item from Passwords to Logins but maybe it's not that hard to reproduce. Also, is there a way I can fix it or should I delete and re-create the item?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Comments

• saad
    Options

Thank you for reporting this problem on the Android version. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. I'm able to confirm this issue is present in our latest versions of 1Password on Android and I will pass on these details to our team. In the meantime, I would recommend right-clicking the affected login item on your Mac and selecting duplicate. Then delete the original item and sync it over to your Android device. You should be seeing it under the login category now. Let us know if you have any other questions.

• juanii
    juanii
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your answer Saad, The bug is not a big deal for me, but thanks anyway for the suggestion on duplicating the item, that option didn't cross my mind.

Regards

• saad
    edited March 2015
    Options

You're very welcome. Thank you again for pointing this out. We will need to look into resolving this bug for an upcoming release!

This discussion has been closed.