Making Input Fields Compatible with 1Password

Creating forms that 1Password fills correctly
I'm having trouble getting 1password to recognize several input fields for my business website. We offer subscription billing services and provide the customers with a Hosted Payment Page.

However I can't use one password on any of the credit card fields, cvv or expiration.

Can you please tell me what 1password looks for mainly? Does it check ID="creditcard" (1password won't fill this input)?

You can see a small snippet of my code sample here, and it won't fill in my banking info like it does on other sites. What is the VERY best way to make all my forms
1Password compatible.

http://jsfiddle.net/kizer/p8Jhx/

Do you have an ideal attribute that you would like us to use? With HTML5 we could even add one just for 1Password.

Cheers,
Court Kizer

Comments

• So far I've tried everything, wrapping in forms and I can't even get my inputs to fill in the name? What am I doing wrong?

<form>
        <input type="text" name="first-name" id="first-name" class="short" placeholder="First Name…" value="">
        <input type="text" name="last-name"  id="last-name" class="short" placeholder="Last Name…" value="">
        <input type="text" name="credit-card"  id="credit-card" class="long" value="">
        <input type="text" name="cvv" id="cvv" class="long" placeholder="CVV" value="">
        </form>

ckizer wrote:

I'm having trouble getting 1password to recognize several input fields for my business website. We offer subscription billing services and provide the customers with a Hosted Payment Page.

However I can't use one password on any of the credit card fields, cvv or expiration.

Can you please tell me what 1password looks for mainly? Does it check ID="creditcard" (1password won't fill this input)?

You can see a small snippet of my code sample here, and it won't fill in my banking info like it does on other sites. What is the VERY best way to make all my forms
    1Password compatible.

http://jsfiddle.net/kizer/p8Jhx/

Do you have an ideal attribute that you would like us to use? With HTML5 we could even add one just for 1Password.

Cheers,
    Court Kizer
  • I am having the same issue with our form fields. Have you made any progress on this? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeff
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Welcome to the forums, Court and Jeff!

While 1Password has several "fallbacks," you're best bet is to follow the conventions set forth in RFC 4112, Electronic Commerce Modeling Language (ECML), Version 2 Specification, for the best compatibility with 1Password and other software (including some assistive technology for disabled users).

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Cheers!
  • supinum
    supinum
    Community Member
    Hi!
    Are there any guidlines to follow when building a webform?
    I would ofcourse like my visitors to be able to smoothly use 1passwords on my forms.

/regards David S, Sweden
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, David! I am thrilled that you are making an effort in this regard. It certainly keeps us busy trying to ensure that 1Password works everywhere. We appreciate the effort on your part. We really do. :-)

I have merged your post with the appropriate thread. Please see my post above and let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. We are always here to help!

Cheers,
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    khad wrote:

I have merged your post with the appropriate thread.

That was quick/sneaky. :)

Adding to what's here, another guideline would be to avoid Flash-based forms. As Stu recently mentioned:

As far as we know, no browser password manager anywhere supports Flash-based sites because it is a proprietary solution and does not interface with the browser much at all.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Yes. Oh — sweet mercy be upon us — yes, avoid Flash.
This discussion has been closed.