Setup issues

ricoo
ricoo
Community Member
edited March 2015 in Mac

Can't do ANYTHING… I'm getting Crazy and I've lost 50 € !
Unable to create New Vault, to recognize Master Password, unable even De- and Reinstall 20 times, applying the "starting over" process.

"Simple, Convenient Security", they said… uh ?

1Password bought on Mac Apple store - MacBook Pro 2015 - Mac OS 10.10.2

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ricoo,

So you've followed our How do I start over with an empty vault? guide, not skipping over any steps and when you restart 1Password you don't get the standard new user screen that (partially) looks like this:

If that isn't what you're seeing does it instead look like this?

If that is what you see then clicking where I've underlined will result in the following menu being available

The bottom option in that menu is Create new vault... and that might be what you're looking for.

If that isn't what you're seeing could you help us out please by letting us see what you're seeing via a screenshot. I believe we can improve on what we have here and I believe it will happen at some point in the future.

• ricoo
    ricoo
    Community Member

I found other data relative to 1Password…
    I think I had 2 versions of 1password on my computer… (1 MAS, plus old Preferences from non-use Agilebits version)
    I apologize for the bad commentaries…

Thank you !
    ricoo

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015

Hi @ricoo,

It would seem you've purchased 1Password for Mac from Apple's Mac App Store (MAS) and yes, it would seem likely you've also downloaded and launched our Agile Web Store (AWS) version of the same application. In a bid to try and be helpful, if 1Password sees a vault from the other version it will import it. In this case that attempt to be helped led to frustration and possible ripping of hair :(

Now the 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper folder in ~/Library/Group Containers/ is important as that is what 1Password uses to verify you're a licensed customer, does the folder exist once again if you deleted it?

I'd added your frustration to an existing feature request to improve the start up screen.

ref: OPM-2820

• ricoo
    ricoo
    Community Member

"2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits" folder exist. He had been re-created.

Another question : is it possible to synchronize with a iPhone 4 (iOs 7) ?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ricoo,

Another question : is it possible to synchronize with a iPhone 4 (iOs 7) ?

Yes, it is! :) You'll need to install 1Password 4 for iOS on your iPhone 4, and will be able to sync with 1Password 5 for Mac via Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync.

If you haven't previously downloaded 1Password 4 or 5 on any iOS device, you can get it by following these steps:

• On your Mac, launch iTunes and go to the App Store.
    • Find 1Password 5 for iOS and click the Get button.
    • On your iPhone, open the App Store and go to Updates > Purchased.
    • Find 1Password and try to download it - the App Store should allow you to download the latest compatible version.

If you need more help with that, please let us know. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.