New 5.3 crashes my iPhone 6

Options
harrismix
harrismix
Community Member

Hi, If I start the new 5.3 version it hangs for a few seconds and asks for my touch ID, if I hit cancel the app crashes/quits in a second. I also had one instance where I hit cancel, nothing happened, I hot it again and the phone totally powered off instantly. I have also had it quit/crash when I hit settings. Thanks

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @harrismix,

When you select the cancel button we close the app down completely. It has been mistaken for a crash but it's on purpose. We may rethink this going forward but it was a design decision on how best to react. We didn't want cancel to mean you were forced to enter your Master Password (there's already a button for that) and if you don't want to unlock your vault we didn't want to leave you in limbo. So we closed the app.

Now your iPhone crashing completely is bad news. That shouldn't be happening (obviously) ever as I don't think there is a way for any app to do so, it's one of those sandboxing things. So a crash that hard means a fundamental framework and what I can only assume is a severe error.

If you reboot your phone properly does it still occur?

Can I also ask, what version of iOS are you running?

• amarsh
    Options

I have a similar issue on my iPhone 6 plus (iOS 8.2) with 1Password 5.2 and 5.3 with the pro features enabled. About 10% of the time when 1password requests Touch ID upon launching the 1Password app, it freezes the phone. Only way to get the phone working again is a reset (power + home button until the Apple logo appears). Seems to only occur when the phone is connected to power (laptop, charger and car).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@amarsh: Ouch. That is really odd. I'm sorry for the trouble!

Try doing a hard reset by powering it down completely. If the problem persists, make sure you have a current backup of your 1Password data and then reinstall the app. I've seen reports of other issues arising from delta updates, and reinstalling the app often resolves these issues. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.